Nov 26, 2020, 02:30 PM

News:

MyKidsDiary.in :: Capture your kids magical moment and create your Online Private Diary for your kids

USB Flash Drive Not Working ?

Started by VelMurugan, Dec 13, 2008, 05:28 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

VelMurugan

USB Flash Drive Not Working ?

USB flash drive not working ? , what can you do ? Generally a USB flash drive, memory stick or whatever you call the drive is a very robust way of storing data, they can normally sustain a great deal of abuse and still work, I've even had one go through a washing machine cycle after I left it in a shirt pocket, and it still worked after.

Most of the time a problem with a USB drive not working can be attributed to several things.

It's ended its life expectancy,
very rare as generally you can expect a drive to last around ten years, but as there are not too many of this age around its hard to be accurate here, if your USB flash drive is not working as its ended its life expectancy you'll need to buy another, there is no way around this. If anyone has a solution to this please let me know and I'll add it to the page.

Files on the USB flash drive are not working or corrupt,
the files are copied, but when you try to access them you get file read errors, this happens when the files are not fully copied, caused by improperly removing the USB flash drive. Files that a corrupt and do not open properly will normally be a different size to it's working equivalent.

Always make sure it's removed correctly by clicking on the USB icon on the bottom right of your screen and choosing to remove, you'll get a system message when it's ok to remove.

When you plug-in your USB flash drive and it all appears to be working ok, but you can't find it, this is a common issue with computers that have many drive letters, and the USB drive tries to use the same drive letter which is already assigned to another device and it can be seen.

To remedy this right click on MY Computer select Manage, choose Disk Management, now you can see your USB flash drive, right click and select, Change Drive Letter and Paths, now change the drive letter for one that's not in use, Z is usually a safe choice.

Source : computeradvisior

Go Up

Quick Reply

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

shortcuts: alt+s submit/post or alt+p preview
IT Acumens Web Designing Chennai | GinGly :: Build your Personal Website | CineBuzz :: Cinema News | My Kids Diary :: Kids Memories Writing :: Book Website @ 349 Rs monthly
Copyright 2005 - 2020 :: IT Acumens :: All Rights Reserved. :: Sitemap
ITAcumens Discussion Forum with 2 lakhs post running for 15 years - Powered by IT Acumens Dedicated Server