Windows Live Mail / Outlook Configuration of Mailbox.itacumens.com

Started by Sudhakar, Nov 29, 2008, 06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sudhakar

The Following Post will Help you configuration your IT Acumens Email Address on Outlook and Windows Live Mail.

Windows Live Mail could be downloaded at http://get.live.com/WL/desktop after loggin in using your hotmail email address.

Download the WLinstaller, and start installing the Windows Live Mail.

Once Download is over, WLinstaller will automatically install the Windows Live Mail Software on your PC / Laptop.

Open Windows Live Mail Software / Outlook ,

Select Add Account Directly or through Tools Menu. ( On the Left side, Select Add and Email Account Button )

On Step one,

* Enter Email address like username@itacumens.com , password and a Small Display Name.

On Step Two,

* Enter Incoming Pop and Outgoing SMTP Servers with Port Numbers and Tick Use SSL Option on both servers.

On Step Three,

* If you need, then Make this a Default Mailbox and Click Finish.

The Mail Box would have been updated in the left side menu, Now Click on Send/Receive Button on top.

If it tries to connect and End up with a error, kindly right click on the email account and select properties.

Kindly Check all these Details on each tab as in pics, make sure to enter your mailbox id instead of one used in picture.

Hope you will have all the issue resolved, and you could easily Send / Receive all your Emails even offline.

VelMurugan

Thanks For Your Configuration Guide For Windows Live Mail.

Its Very Useful To Configure My Gmail Account.\

:acumen :acumen :acumen

VelMurugan

Sudhakar

Quote from: VelMurugan on Nov 29, 2008, 11:24 PM
Hi,

Help Me, I Can't Send New Mail To Anyone.

You have not configured the SMTP or Outgoing server name correctly.

You could post a screenshot or write the values you have used to configure it.
  ;)

VelMurugan

Enabling POP3 on the ITAcumens account

Before configuring the Windows Live Mail. You should the enable the POP3 in ITAcumens Account.

The very first thing you need to do is enabling POP3 access of your ITAcumens account.
Open a browser window and log in at your account. Click the "Settings" link on the top right.

Now click the "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" link which opens the different options for forwarding, POP download and IMAP access.

In the POP download section, choose the option of enabling POP for all mails or only for those that arrive from now on. Also select the option of whether you want to keep the email message in ITAcumens's inbox, archive or delete it. Once you have made your choices, make sure you click the "Save Changes" button at the bottom.

Sudhakar

Hi VelMurugan,

you are right, i have mentioned it on a single line.

We have to go to our mailbox, click settings on top right corner.

Select POP and SMTP mail configuration and Enable POP and Save Settings to proceed Further.

Thanks for this useful information VelMurugan.
  :acumen

ganeshbala

Hi

Windows Live Mail is very usefull to me..
It helps to have my email backups..

Thanks for the Very Usefull Information

:yes

Sudhakar

For SMTP / Outgoing Mail sending error.

Kindly Enable the Check/Tick Mark at the bottom of this image on Outgoing Mail Server.
It means your server needs a Authentication while connection.

Enable the Option and you could send the Emails form the Windows Mail / Outlook.

:acumen Thanks Mr.VelMurugan for Figuring out the issue and informed me through PM / personal message.  :acumen

zlatan24

Quote from: VelMurugan on Nov 29, 2008, 11:05 PM
Thanks For Your Configuration Guide For Windows Live Mail.

Its Very Useful To Configure My Gmail Account.\

:acumen :acumen :acumen

One day I was in the Internet and discovered there many good tools. But I couldn't find a suitable software. But fortunately today I totally by chance observed a such tool - lost pst files. And I was glad, because of the program solved my problems with crashed emails for seconds and for free as I bore in mind.