How do I uninstall SysReset?

Started by VelMurugan, Oct 13, 2008, 06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VelMurugan

How do I uninstall SysReset?

SysReset is a script (fserve script) that allows users to run file servers using the Internet Relay Chat (IRC) technology.
Uninstalling SysReset

One of the problems behind SysReset is that it does not have an uninstall option, which frustrated many users over time. Here are a number of ways to "uninstall" SysReset correctly. One way is by just getting rid of it:

1. Restart your computer to ensure that not a single related file to SysReset is being run.
   2. Locate the SysReset folder and permanently delete by right clicking on the folder icon, selecting Delete, and emptying the trashcan, or by just clicking Shift + Del on your keyboard.

SysReset can also be deleted by using various softwares. Note that this is different from the Add / Remove Programs utility in the Microsoft Windows Control Panel. In some ways, this method is preferred as uninstallation softwares can also clean up the registry marks previously used by SysReset, which could continue to have an effect on the performance of the computer, if not erased.

Ominto

Awesome guide! Thanks for sharing with us!

Preethu

Thank you so much for sharing this. I was stuck while doing this. I'm glad that I found your post. Really helpful.