News:

MyKidsDiary.in :: Capture your kids magical moment and create your Online Private Diary for your kids

Main Menu

“25 Random Things” Is the New Facebook Phenomenon

Started by Kalyan, Feb 09, 2009, 07:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kalyan

"25 Random Things" Is the New Facebook Phenomenon

The exercise called "25 Random Things about Me" is the new Facebook marketing solution for bored people to spend their free things.

The friends on Facebook "tag" you in a note they had posted on their profile and send you a message with 25 observations about themselves, together with instructions you should follow.

The messages sound much like "I named my son after a man I've never met" or "I can sing a mean karaoke and play piano" together with other things that they choose to say about themselves at random. After you receive the message and the instructions, you should put up a list of your own and send it to other 5 friends on Facebook including the person who had asked for it in the first place.

If anyone gets to Google search the "25 Random Things about Me," there are at least 35,700 pages full of these kinds of lists. Still, the difference between this kind of exercise and the common games that sound much alike is that there is no apocalyptic threat for the person who doesn't want to send the list back.

Ms. Morgan, a health care industry publicist who wrote that she had kissed 6 boys and a half, is legally blind and didn't go to school until the fourth grade, stated that it is quite interesting to sit in front of the computer and think about 25 things that your friends don't know about you and especially choose the ones you are willing to actually write and send.

During the last week, almost five million such lists have been created on people's profiles and Facebook executives stated that the "25 Random Things" craze is actually driving the site toward a big success.

source : eflux