News:

MyKidsDiary.in :: Capture your kids magical moment and create your Online Private Diary for your kids

Main Menu

GOOGLE CHROME shortcut keys

Started by dhilipkumar, Sep 09, 2008, 07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhilipkumar

Those who are used to using menus and toolbars may at first find Chrome a little bit difficult to use because of the very simple design. In this article, you will find useful keyboard shortcuts that help you browse the internet smoother with Chrome. Most of the shortcuts are the same to Firefox, you will find them familiar to use quickly

1. Control + Shift + N opens an 'incognito' window - sites you view in this window won't appear in your history and cookies served by sites in this window will be deleted when the window is closed.

2. Alt + Home loads your Google Chrome home page, with thumbnails of your most visited sites shown in the active tabbed window

3. Control + T opens a new tab. You can drag tabs around to change their order or drag a tab out of the window into its own window

4. Control + Shift + T opens your most recently closed tab. Press the key combination again to open the tab closed before that one. Google Chrome remembers the last 10 tabs you've closed.

5. Jump to different open tabs using Control + 1, Control + 2, Control + 3, etc. Control + 9 takes you to the last tab

6. Control + Tab lets you cycle through your open tabs in order

7. Control + Shift + Tab cycles through your tabs in the opposite order

8. Control +B hides the Google Chrome bookmarks bar. Press Control + B to bring it back again

9. Control + H is a faster way to bring up the History page

10. Control + J brings up your Downloads page

11. Press Control + K or Control + E to search from the address bar. Once pressed, you'll see a ? symbol appear in the address bar and you can simply enter your search query and hit Return
  12. Shift + Escape is a quicker way to bring up the Google Chrome Task manager

Sudhakar

Hey Dhilip Kumar, This is the wonderful post .

An Real Information is there in this post.

I was searching for a long time.

I wen to google and typed Chorme shortcut key and got to see Our forum link.

Found and read servers shortcuts.

Thanks you for this useful information Dhilip Kumar.
  :acumen

dhilipkumar

sajiv

GOOGLE CHROME shortcut keys:

Ctrl+N    Open a new window

Ctrl+Shift+N   Open a new window in incognito mode

Press Ctrl, and click a link    Open link in a new tab

Press Shift, and click a link    Open link in a new window

Alt+F4    Close current window

Ctrl+T   Open a new tab

Ctrl+Shift+T   Reopen the last tab you've closed. Google Chrome remembers the last 10 tabs you've closed.

Drag link to tab   Open link in specified tab

Drag link to space between tabs    Open link in a new tab in the specified position on the tab strip

Ctrl+1 through Ctrl+8    Switch to the tab at the specified position number. The number you press represents a position on the tab strip.

Ctrl+9    Switch to the last tab

Ctrl+Tab or Ctrl+PgDown   Switch to the next tab

Ctrl+Shift+Tab or Ctrl+PgUp   Switch to the previous tab

Ctrl+W or Ctrl+F4   Close current tab or pop-up

Alt+Home   Open your homepage

Ctrl+O, then select file   Open a file from your computer in Google Chrome

:agree

Sudhakar

Hi Dhilip Kumar and Sajiv,

Thanks for updating the topic with more interesting Tips for Google Chrome.

Hope this will be very useful for all Chrome Users like Me.

expertsarena

Better U guyz Read this and be safe Before using google chrome

US-CERT is aware of a vulnerability that affects the google chrome web browser. This vulnerability is due to a default configuration that allows files to be downloaded without prompting the user. In addition, downloaded files can be opened with a single click, which could allow a user to inadvertently open a malicious file.

US-CERT encourages users to enable the "Ask where to save each file before downloading" option within the "Minor Tweaks" tab in the browser preferences. Although this does not fix the underlying vulnerability, selecting this option will warn the user before files are downloaded. Users should still exercise caution when visiting and downloading items from untrusted websites.

US-CERT will provide additional information as it becomes available.
Click Here ForTech Support Forum!

TECH LOVER

Sudhakar

Quote from: expertsarena on Oct 20, 2008, 08:58 PM
Better U guyz Read this and be safe Before using google chrome

Hi Acumen,

Thanks for this useful information.
I too feel google chrome is unsafe in some conditions.

Thanks for helping us to avoid google chrome.
  :agree

expertsarena

yes The_Big_S unless they Provide some patch for it we need to wait to use google chrome :)
Click Here ForTech Support Forum!

TECH LOVER

Sudhakar

Quote from: expertsarena on Oct 21, 2008, 10:44 PM
yes The_Big_S unless they Provide some patch for it we need to wait to use google chrome :)

Not Sure, but my Google Chorme said .

Google Chrome is Up to Date ( 0.3.154.9)
  ;)

arbaba

Hey Dhilip Kumar, This is the wonderful post .

An Real Information is there in this post.

I was searching for a long time.

Thanks you for this useful information Dhilip Kumar.

sarahjohn63

Google Chrome is a browser that combines a minimal design with sophisticated technology to make the web faster, safer and easier. Google Chrome is a browser developed by Google, which uses WebKit rendering engine and the framework for implementation. And it is first released as a beta version of Microsoft Windows.

sandrasmarton

It is mind blowing , stunning, fabulous and liked by any at a first glance. It is really attractive and amazing to see it. I love it and like to see in my collection.

rozerbacks

It sounds great. I was looking for such a long time. This is really fruitful to me. I will soon to benefit from it.

nou99hid

nice sharing
you have shared best information

dhoni

this is amazing now i can get more shortcuts of google chrome

this is very useful for me