News:

MyKidsDiary.in :: Capture your kids magical moment and create your Online Private Diary for your kids

Main Menu

Kongu Engineering College Student Makes it to Rolls Royce

Started by sajiv, Aug 16, 2008, 10:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sajiv

Kongu Engineering College Student Makes it to Rolls Royce:

PERUNDURAI: When K. Prasanna was in Standard IX he corrected a mistake his teacher committed. The teacher, who found him with Plus-Two chemistry book, challenged him to teach the students, three years seniors to him. Prasanna did it with aplomb.Around the same time, his father M. Kannusamy promised a bicycle, provided he completed mathematics textbooks of the four southern State boards. He succeeded and got the bicycle. That hardwork and intelligence did not end there but has taken him to where his today a prospective employee of Rolls Royce.

Prasanna's Standard X, however,
was just 59.46 per cent, not enough to secure him a place in the school he studied. "I could not continue in the school because it would take in only 72 students, that too state rank holders," recalls the boy who had his school education in Mumbai.With very little choice before him, Prasanna was sent to study in a polytechnic in Tamil Nadu, which was then ranked low. His friends, about 11 of them, had made it to the school. At the polytechnic he chose mechanical engineering. He did study but his attendance was rather poor. "In the first year I clocked only 136 out of 1,200 hours. And, it was no different in the next couple of years," he says.

After completing his diploma with 88.92 per cent, Prasanna joined the Kongu Engineering College. His gang of 12 from the Mumbai school was by then well placed. "Seven were in IIT, three in AIIMS pursuing MBBS and one in BDS. I was the only one pursuing engineering from an aided institution," he says.At the Kongu Engineering College he again lacked attendance. His teachers say in a lighter vain that it was difficult to spot Prasanna in class.

The boy explains: "I bunk classes for two reasons
either to sit in the college library to study what I want, or present papers in seminars." He says he has so far presented over 30 papers, including at only-professor seminars." His income from seminars: Rs. 68,000.During his course of study at the Kongu Engineering College, the boy also came up with a number of projects, some of which drew appreciation from the country's top scientists. The boy is now in his fourth year.In the last few months, Prasanna, like his friends, applied for various software companies, some of which the students would love to get placed in. The boy, however, failed in all of them.

Today, though, Mr. Prasanna is a prospective employee of Rolls Royce:

He says he had cleared 13 rounds of tests to make it to one of the world's best companies. "In the first six rounds, they tested my technical knowledge by asking solutions for industry problems. The next three was objective. Then there was medical test and finally two rounds of HR interviews." Incidentally, he is one of the two non-IITians to make it to the company.

The company, apart from offering a whopping salary, has also promised support in him pursuing higher studies and take up research as well.Mr. Prasanna is, however, modest. It is not money nor the company goodwill that drives me. "It is research in challenging areas of technology that interest me. And, some day I'ld love to take up teaching," says the boy who has Indian stock markets at his finger tips. The college management congratulated the boy for his achievement.

:acumen

thiruvasagamani

Thanks for the News
Really he is a very good talent student
He will grow very well
Thiruvasakamani Karnan

jegankpri

jegan.k

sajiv

Thanks for the replies,really K. Prasanna  is a genius student ,
In Standard IX itself he shows his knowledge,
Proud to a Indian
  :agree

nomad

yeah great achievement buddy.if u have potential to achieve thing college does't matter.people becomes like him when they concentrate on their likings..i am following your way buddy  :yes
Hats off to you  :agree

mynameskhan

iesacademy

:agree My dear Friend  Great To SEE You at this wonderful Forum

dhoni

this man is amazing how he improved his skills
its excellent he is not special study in carrier but he proved himself
proud to be indian