Free eye camp

Started by sajiv, Aug 06, 2008, 04:44 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

sajiv

Eye donation awareness rally taken out

Chennai: The Rotary Rajan Eye Bank, the Rotary Club of Madras, T. Nagar, and Rajan Eye Care Hospital organised an eye donation awareness rally from Light House to Anna Square here on Saturday.

Actor Prashanth flagged off the rally, which was conducted as part of the National Eye Donation Fortnight celebrations.

Over 1,000 students from various institutions participated , stated a press release.

Apart from students, there were members of Rotary International, doctors and staff of Rajan Eye Care Hospital.

T.A. Shekar, former cricketer; Krishnan V. Chari, past district governor, Rotary International District 3230; Mohan Rajan, District Chairman Eye Care, Rotary International District 3230, were among those who participated.

sajiv

Students take out rally to create awareness on eye donation

SALEM: A rally to create awareness among people on the importance of eye donation was taken out here on Tuesday.

The Vasan Eye Care Hospital in association with the Rotary Club of Salem Sun Star organised the rally to mark the Eye Donation Day.

Flagged off by Inspector General of Police and City Police Commissioner Sunil Kumar Singh at the New Integrated Bus Stand, the rally passed through the Omalur Main Road and culminated near Anna Park.

A large number of students from various colleges, students from the school for the blind, doctors, hospital staff members and Rotarians participated in the rally.
Slogans

They raised slogans highlighting the importance of eye donation. A large number of people in the country were affected by corneal blindness.

The increase in the eye donations would enable the doctors to carry out more corneal transplants, they told the people.
Information

Handbills carrying information on the eye donation were also distributed.
Pledge

Over 100 participants of the rally pledged to donate their eyes.

Those who are willing to donate their eyes can contact Vasan Eye Care Hospital.

Nichole Optician

Fortunately, science and technology have provided some ways for people to improve their eyesight. There are procedures and surgeries available for people who wish to be unhampered by such eye disorders as nearsightedness, far sightedness, "lazy eye" and various other visual impediments.

Thanks for sharing...

sajiv

sajiv

Eye camp organised

PERAMBALUR: A large number of men and women were screened for eye disorders during the two-day camp organised jointly by the Mahatma Gandhi Eye Hospital and Perambalur Panchayat Union for the benefit of the noon meal staff, cooks and assistants which concluded here on Tuesday.

Collector M. Vijayakumar visited the camp and made enquiries with the beneficiaries.

In a statement he said, similar camps for the noon meal staff, cooks and assistants will be held in Veppanthattai union office on May 5 and 6, Veppur union office on May 7 and 8 and in Alathur union office on May 10 and 11. He called upon the target groups to take advantage of the camp.

P.Neelavathi

Sir my name is P.Neelavathi My brother name is P.Lakshmi prasad he is 14 years old sir he loss his left eye last year Checkup opration will be
carried Vasan eye care but no use The doctors said he loss her eye totaly but i have hope him sir caming her eye. My family is not a rich sir
so Pleace checkup & give her life sir Pleace My Family is very poor  so Kindly help my brother with free of cost  Please response with me sir.

sajiv

your request has been processed,wil inform if any free eye camp organised, hope ur brother will get his eyes back

Go Up

Quick Reply

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

shortcuts: alt+s submit/post or alt+p preview
IT Acumens Web Designing Chennai | GinGly :: Build your Personal Website | CineBuzz :: Cinema News | My Kids Diary :: Kids Memories Writing :: Book Website @ 349 Rs monthly
Copyright 2005 - 2020 :: IT Acumens :: All Rights Reserved. :: Sitemap
ITAcumens Discussion Forum with 2 lakhs post running for 15 years - Powered by IT Acumens Dedicated Server