News:

Choose a design and let our professionals help you build a successful website   - ITAcumens

Main Menu

Practice Interview Questions

Started by hariharan, Aug 05, 2008, 08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hariharan

Think of it this way - Job interviewing is almost like going on a blind date. You arrive at the agreed-upon location, on time, neatly dressed, determined to make a good impression and ready to answer a ton of questions. The trouble starts when you don't have the right answers to the questions coming at you, and you end up creating a bad first impression. So, here are some common questions that people normally ask you at a first interview. Get prepared and wow them right from the word GO!

Tell me about yourself.

There is no 'right' or 'wrong' answer to this one - But this is the interviewer's way of getting you to talk, to open up, to say something that isn't right in front of them on your resume. And the key is this - say whatever it is you have to say with enthusiasm and passion. And be careful not to babble. Have a point. You could even talk about how this job is so much in sync with your career goals! Or you could talk about your strengths - your assets.

Why are you leaving your current job?

Most people would ask this - and you need to be careful to keep your comments diplomatic. Don't ever say anything directly negative about your present job. But what you can do instead is to focus on things such as growth potential and skill development and your goals. That kind of thing! Be honest about what you are looking for. But don't disclose everything (how your boss is a tyrant and your coworkers incompetent, for example) that has led to look around.

What would you say is your greatest weakness?

This can catch you off guard. And even if it is tempting, don't simply say that you are flawless. Find a real weakness to talk about - but not a real BAD one. Talk about something that is not that bad. You could then go on to talk about what you have done to overcome this flaw. You could say something like - "In the past I've been impatient to tackle many big projects at once. I'm still ambitious, but I prioritize so everything gets done in the right order".

What kind of work environment are you looking for?

Get this straight - if this question comes out at you, it means that the interviewer is trying to see if will fit into the existing scheme of things. So, if you really want this job, you need to be smart - and you need to look around you and describe your ideal workplace as the one you see right in front of you. Get some information about the corporate climate before you go in for your interview. Then you can handle this question in style.

What books are you currently reading?

There are absolutely no right answers here, - but what the interviewer might be trying to get at is to make sure that you are a person who is multi-dimensional with varied interests.
Thanks and Regards,
Hariharan
www.itacumens.com

http://itacumens.com/images/homepage/ad.swf