Any HVAC guys around? Stupid “c” wire question for google nest

Started by KeenanCannon, Oct 20, 2023, 02:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeenanCannon

Doing a simple nest thermostat upgrade for a friend and he assumed there was no common wire. He ordered the Nest power adapter and I went over to install.

Didnt have much time but after looking at his current setup it looked like it had the blue c wire but it was connected the aux of the original thermostat.

I installed the nest and used the blue as the common. I have included images. I had to run quickly but doing a quick setup everything looked good but I think I got a c wire missing message.

Anyways everything running but will go back (with more time) to install the nest power adapter if in fact the blue wire isnt common.

Any help appreciated.

DerickMathis

Did you check the furnace circuit board to see if there's anything connected to C?   First thing you really should do. 

ClarkWillson

Kudos for being a good friend and helping out! It's awesome that you've got the blue wire connected as the common, and your setup looks neat from the images.

Sometimes, those "C wire missing" messages can be a bit finicky, but it's great that everything is running smoothly for now. When you get a chance, the Nest power adapter should be a solid solution if the blue wire isn't behaving as expected.

And hey, shoutout to "Hot 2 Cold Air Conditioning" for being on top of things!

Sudhakar

tricepsnext

Have you looked to see if anything is connected to C on the furnace circuit board?

MileyBaird

Asking about the "C" wire for your Google Nest is totally understandable. Checking the furnace circuit board for connections is a good first step. If you need further assistance or tips from HVAC experts, you might find helpful resources on this website https://www.rowlen.co.uk/boilers/boiler-repairs/ for more guidance. Good luck with your setup!

xarareraa

Online gaming communities Geometry Dash  serve as hubs for like-minded individuals to share experiences and strategies.