Home D.I.Y.

Started by KeenanCannon, Jul 28, 2023, 03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeenanCannon

last night got to play with a sink drain auger!

problem solved, but an hour on my knees under the kitchen sink didn't get the reaction I was expecting from Wifey (meaning, a big thank you for saving us from hiring the plumber for this same job again)

luckily, last time, the plumber installed a "clean-out" access under the sink, making the job easier

the push button lock on the auger doesn't hold well, so I had to tape it when using it with the drill

afterwards, I discovered we have an additional "clean out" access further down the line, DOH!

I resorted to using some liquid plumber gel after using the auger, because the auger alone didn't do the trick

if I had known about the 2nd "clean-out" access point, I probably wouldn't have needed it, but not entirely sure (because of it's location)

anyway Wifey promises to put less food down the drain & to use more water to flush it all down (we have a garbage disposal in this location)

our family (except me) is so concerned with conserving water, that they don't use enough water when using the sink

I tried to explain (several times) that water (unfortunately) is used to carry waster along in the pipes. and the kitchen sink drain has a very gentle slope before reaching the vertical main house drain. it's practically horizontal!

AmanBullet

Will be putting on the final coat of danish oil later this afternoon. There is a stack of real wood flooring through ourhouse !! We have sanded the whole lower ground floor. I reckon not far off 90-100sqm of flooring and maybe this far 6 litres of oil ! Hard going physically with moving furniture out of rooms etc but it does look nice. Gone is the tired yellow/orange surface and it's like a new floor now. Reddish/ brown colours of the wood coming through again.

FrancescaWeber

I've been subletting a property, and I decided it was high time to give the bathroom cabinets a much-needed makeover. Armed with my trusty tools and a ton of excitement, I dove into the project head-on.
First, I replaced the old, worn-out handles with sleek and modern ones. Then, I added some nifty floating shelves for extra storage and style. A fresh coat of paint in a calming shade tied everything together, and let me tell you, the transformation is unreal!
In the meantime, I've been researching international investment properties lately. The idea of venturing into global markets and exploring new opportunities excites me. I stumbled upon this insightful guide that covers all the important aspects.