Advertising for Contractors

Started by HarrisJacks, Jul 05, 2023, 01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrisJacks

While developing a marketing plan for my business, I have read many posts here concerning yellow pages, newspaper inserts, websites, lead generation companies, PPC and so on.

Also, I've been researching the market to see what my competitors are doing, and it's all starting to get a little confusing.

I have already started distributing my business cards, I have a couple of signage in the yards, and I have magnetic signs on my car and van. (the van is parked in a very convenient location 4-5 days a week). Thus, the initial inexpensive micro-advertising is gaining momentum.

Now it's time to increase it, but I need to make sure I stick to the strategy in allocating the remaining budget.

My question is this: If you are a general contractor starting from scratch and you want to reach kitchen, bathroom and basement customers, how would you rate the following advertising tools in terms of return on investment?

With an annual budget for the 1st year in the amount of 6000,00 US dollars. Where would you spend it?

1. Website Development - SEO expert
2. PPC Advertising
3. Thematic advertising in newspapers
4. Newspaper - Ads section in the "Services"
section 5. Newspaper inserts
6. Direct mail - personalized letter
7. Direct Mail - Postcard
8. Yellow pages - Thematic advertising
9. Lead generation company
10. Other

careocerebro

Regarding your budget and targeting kitchen, bathroom, and basement customers, here's how I'd rate the advertising tools in terms of ROI:
1. Website Development - SEO expert: Invest in a well-optimized website to boost online presence and attract customers organically.
2. PPC Advertising: Allocate a portion of your budget for targeted ads on platforms like Google Ads to reach potential customers actively searching for your services.
3. Thematic advertising in newspapers: Consider this cost-effective option to target local customers in specific sections related to services.
4. Direct mail - personalized letter: Create a personal connection by sending compelling, customized letters to potential customers.
Remember, it's essential to track your ROI and adapt your strategies accordingly. And for more valuable marketing insights, be sure to check out https://bluecollarmarketing.ca/. Thanks for sharing your journey, HarrisJacks!