GoAir put on cash and carry mode by AAI with effect from 11 August

Started by NiveRoshni, Aug 12, 2020, 11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NiveRoshni

This means that that GoAir will now have to pay upfront for utilising services of airports operated by AAI

The airline says it is engaged in constructive discussions with AAI and would like to assure its customers that there is no impact on GoAir's operations

New Delhi: State-owned Airports Authority of India (AAI), which had earlier asked no-frill carrier GoAir to clear its unpaid dues of about ₹50 crore, has put the airline on a cash and carry mode from 11 August, according to an internal circular from the public sector company.

This means that that GoAir will now have to pay upfront for utilising services of airports operated by AAI.

"The competent Authority has approved to put the operation of M/s Go Air on cash & carry basis out of all AAI Airports w.e.f. 0001 hrs. of 11th August 2020," the circular said.

"The same may also be informed to the concerned officials of M/s GoAir at respective stations/Airports/Regions to make necessary arrangement to pay the required amount at the respective Stations for day-to-day operation," it added.

When contacted, Wadia Group-controlled GoAir said that its operations will go on as usual at the airports, and passengers would not be affected by the decision of AAI.

"GoAir is engaged in constructive discussions with AAI and would like to assure our customers that there is no impact on GoAir's operations," the company added in a statement.

Indian carriers, including GoAir, been hit by the covid-19 pandemic, and the resulting lockdowns and travel curbs as well as fears of contracting infection, which has dented demand.

Currently, airlines are not been able to cover their fixed costs with the proceeds from their operations, which has forced some of them to default on vendor-payments.

Airlines in Asia-Pacific countries have been worst affected by the covid-19 pandemic that have affected millions globally. Airlines in the Asia-Pacific region, including India, will post losses of $29 billion in 2020, making it the worst region for aviation, thanks to the coronavirus pandemic, International Air Transport Association (IATA) has said.

MichaelBoorb

my brother and I are excited to have discovered this web page, it is really the thing my friends and I have been hoping for. The specifics on this website is definitely needed and is going to assist my friends and I quite often. It shows that the site acquired a lot of info concerning the things I am interested in and the other links and info like wise show it. Typically i'm not on the internet during the week but when I have some time i'm always searching for this kind of factual information and things similarly having to do with it. I have two of my family members that have also developed a liking in this because of what I have put together about it and they are more than likely to be visiting the website because it is such an excellent discovery. I am also interested in government issues and coping with the new twists and turns in politics.  When someone gets a chance, take a look at my site. [color=#000_url]lawyer bookkeepe bordering to Sarasota Florida[/color]