‘Lawlessness in Bengal’: Governor visits violence victims in Assam camps

Started by devikad, May 15, 2021, 07:55 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

devikad

'Lawlessness in Bengal': Governor visits violence victims in Assam camps

West Bengal governor Jagdeep Dhankhar on Friday said the fear he saw in the eyes of people who allegedly fled from north Bengal and took shelter in Assam to escape post-poll violence could not be described in words.

"These people are so terrified that they told me they might be attacked again because I met them. I cannot imagine they are living in such fear. They are facing political vendetta because they opposed the ruling party (in Bengal). I am alerting the government through the media. I will interact with the chief minister," Dhankhar said in Siliguri after returning from Assam.

"There is lawlessness in Bengal," he said.

The governor was scheduled to fly to Assam in a Border Security Force (BSF) helicopter but the flight had to be cancelled because of bad weather. Dhankhar took a road trip. He was accompanied by the Bharatiya Janata Party's (BJP) Cooch Behar Lok Sabha member Nisith Pramanik.

Dhankhar visited Assam's Dhubri district and interacted with Bengal residents who fled their homes following post-poll violence allegedly perpetrated by Trinamool Congress (TMC) workers. He met inmates of a relief camp in the Ranpagli area and expressed shock and grief at their plight. He assured that efforts would be made so that they could return to their homes soon.

Source: https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/lawlessness-in-bengal-guv-visits-violence-victims-in-assam-camps-101621017780543.html

Go Up

Quick Reply

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

shortcuts: alt+s submit/post or alt+p preview
IT Acumens Web Designing Chennai | GinGly :: Build your Personal Website | CineBuzz :: Cinema News | My Kids Diary :: Gift your Kids Memories :: Book Website @ 349 Rs monthly
Copyright © 2005 - 2021 :: IT Acumens :: All Rights Reserved. :: XML Sitemap
ITAcumens Discussion Forum with 2 lakhs post running for 15 years - Powered by IT Acumens Pro Dedicated Server

My Kids Diary