Jul 27, 2021, 04:35 AM

News:

Choose a design and let our professionals help you build a successful website   - ITAcumens

A digital detox: why itís imperative

Started by devikad, May 06, 2021, 11:28 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

devikad

A digital detox: why it's imperative

Living in these locked down times, we are spending a lot of time on our phones. It could be due to disconnection, boredom, or, a matter of necessity. Whatever the reason, many of us are facing anxiety and panic issues due to the sadness and negativity surrounding the pandemic.

Talking to the HT City team Manju Agarwal, professor of psychology and dean student welfare, Amity University, Lucknow campus, said, "Our days revolve around our screens right now, and it's not easy to just turn off devices when almost everything is on our phones. Many of us have been offering help to those in need but watching too much sad news/videos are cause for anxiety among many people. There can be ways to help others and stay away from social media intermittently. I suggest meditation, book reading and a digital detoxification to get rid of one's depression and anxiety pangs."

There are those who got into depression and have decided to go on a digital detox. Student, Butool Zehra, said, "During such times, when the country is battling a deadly pandemic, I was constantly bombarded with sad news, and the sense of helplessness took a heavy toll on my mental health. This forced me to take course-corrective measures and go on a social media break. It helped me relax for a while and find joy in little things."

Source: https://www.hindustantimes.com/lifestyle/health/a-digital-detox-why-it-s-imperative-101620299451929.html

Go Up

Quick Reply

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

shortcuts: alt+s submit/post or alt+p preview
IT Acumens Web Designing Chennai | GinGly :: Build your Personal Website | CineBuzz :: Cinema News | My Kids Diary :: Gift your Kids Memories :: Book Website @ 349 Rs monthly
Copyright © 2005 - 2021 :: IT Acumens :: All Rights Reserved. :: XML Sitemap
ITAcumens Discussion Forum with 2 lakhs post running for 15 years - Powered by IT Acumens Pro Dedicated Server

My Kids Diary