News:

GinGly.com - Used by 85,000 Members - SMS Backed up 7,35,000 - Contacts Stored  28,850 !!

Main Menu

Delhi CM Kejriwal writes to PM Modi; expresses gratitude for supply of oxygen

Started by devikad, May 06, 2021, 04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

devikad

Delhi CM Kejriwal writes to PM Modi; expresses gratitude for supply of oxygen

Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal on Thursday wrote to Prime Minister Narendra Modi and expressed his gratitude for the supply of oxygen amid rising cases of coronavirus disease (Covid-19). "I express my gratitude on behalf of the people of Delhi for the supply of 730 MT of oxygen yesterday. I request you to supply the same amount of oxygen daily to Delhi," Kejriwal said in a statement.

Earlier in the day, the Centre told the Supreme Court that it has complied with its order and has ensured a supply of 730 metric tonnes (MT) to Delhi for treating Covid-19 patients.

The apex court was also told that the demand of 700 MT oxygen by Delhi is much in excess than the scientifically determined amount needed by the national capital. Providing excess oxygen to Delhi will invariably reduce the supply to the other states in northern India which are witnessing a surge in Covid-19 cases, solicitor general Tushar Mehta told the court.

Source: https://www.hindustantimes.com/cities/delhi-news/delhi-cm-kejriwal-writes-to-pm-modi-expresses-gratitude-for-supply-of-oxygen-101620293605908.html