News:

MyKidsDiary.in :: Capture your kids magical moment and create your Online Private Diary for your kids

Main Menu

Tiger King Star Carole Baskin Launches $CAT, Her Own Cat-Themed Cryptocurrency

Started by sushmi, May 06, 2021, 02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sushmi

Tiger King Star Carole Baskin Launches $CAT, Her Own Cat-Themed Cryptocurrency

Carole Baskin, the big-cat rights activist who became a household name following the popular Netflix true crime documentary Tiger King, has announced the launch of her own cryptocurrency. Carole Baskin said that her crypto coin $CAT is sort of a "fan coin" for supporters of her Big Cat Rescue animal sanctuary in Citrus Park, Florida, US. $CAT will allow fans to buy merchandise and online experiences from the sanctuary for a minimum expense of $5 (roughly Rs. 370).

Baskin explained that her crypto, that she described as a new alt coin, is not a currency for investment; it is rather a token "fan coin" to show support for big cats. She also tweeted about the launch of her currency and shared a link to the cryptocurrency's page. A $CAT is currently priced at $10.301 (roughly Rs. 760), at the time of writing.

Some of her followers on social media welcomed her new venture, but most users who commented on the post said they would like to stick to the Dogecoin, that has gained wild popularity, thanks to Tesla CEO Elon Musk who popularised the digital currency with a series of tweets.
Baskin said she was investing in cryptocurrencies because she is "concerned" about the volume of US dollars being printed and distributed with nothing to back them up. The statement said the $CAT token coin can be used to purchase walks at Baskin's Big Cat Rescue sanctuary, cat-themed merchandise, and converse with Baskin and her crew.

Holding the $CAT coin can also grant investors access to Big Cat Rescue's Clubhouse rooms and private chats on Telegram and other social media platforms.

Source-  https://gadgets.ndtv.com/internet/news/tiger-king-carole-baskin-cat-cryptocurrency-big-cat-rescue-animal-sanctuary-florida-2436236

JayWakers

I'll admit I'm more inclined to consider trading AI-backed assets, I can't deny the appeal of unique projects like this. It's a reminder that the crypto world is full of surprises, and there's always room for creative ideas to find their place.

CharleJack

It's quite a unique move, especially considering her background in the Tiger King saga. While some might raise an eyebrow at the idea, I've been diving into the crypto world and exploring AI trading platforms like Immediate Edge to navigate the market. It's interesting to see how different individuals are finding innovative ways to engage with cryptocurrencies.
I've always been curious about the evolving crypto landscape, and this $CAT coin certainly adds a quirky twist to the mix. As with any investment, there's a balance between the fun factor and potential gains. So, who knows? Maybe this feline-inspired crypto could surprise us.

Molgeshen

The news that "2021 Global Crypto Mining exceeds U.S. EV energy needs" really puts into perspective the vast scale and impact of cryptocurrency mining worldwide. It's a fascinating comparison that highlights the energy-intensive nature of both sectors, yet also underscores the rapid growth and potential of digital currencies. As we navigate this evolving landscape, it's exciting to see how technology and finance intersect in such dynamic ways. For those intrigued by the financial side and looking to explore further, checking out iqcent login could provide a gateway to trading and investments, blending the traditional with the cutting-edge in finance. It's an exhilarating time to be part of these global shifts!