May 14, 2021, 09:10 AM

News:

Choose a design and let our professionals help you build a successful website   - ITAcumens

iPhone game for kids secretly turns into Removed

Started by devikad, Apr 17, 2021, 03:50 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

devikad

iPhone game for kids secretly turns into Removed

San Francisco: App developer Kosta Eleftheriou has found that an iPhone app posed as a children's game secretly turned into a cryptocurrency-funded Removed in Turkey.

The game called Jungle Run, now apparently pulled by Apple, for kids aged 4 and up, but, if you use a VPN or access the app using an IP from Turkey, it unlocks an online Removed, reports UberGizmo.

"This @AppStore app pretends to be a silly platformer game for children 4+, but if I set my VPN to Turkey and relaunch it becomes an online Removed that doesn't even use Apple's IAP," Eleftheriou tweeted.

The developer points out since Apple advertises the App Store as a place that users can trust, people wouldn't necessarily think twice about downloading this app.

Eleftheriou claims that the app remained in the App Store for months and even had its updates approved by Apple.

Earlier in 2021, Eleftheriou pointed out the number of scam apps on the App Store affecting his business. His claims indicated that scam apps could steal his ideas and promote themselves using his screenshots and videos.

After allegedly running into roadblocks during development that let the competition get ahead, he is now suing Apple for damages, the report said.

He has since used his Twitter account to highlight other scam apps that made it into the App Store.

Source: https://telecom.economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/iphone-game-for-kids-secretly-turns-into-Removed/82112687

Go Up

Quick Reply

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

shortcuts: alt+s submit/post or alt+p preview
IT Acumens Web Designing Chennai | GinGly :: Build your Personal Website | CineBuzz :: Cinema News | My Kids Diary :: Gift your Kids Memories :: Book Website @ 349 Rs monthly
Copyright 2005 - 2021 :: IT Acumens :: All Rights Reserved. :: XML Sitemap
ITAcumens Discussion Forum with 2 lakhs post running for 15 years - Powered by IT Acumens Pro Dedicated Server

My Kids Diary