News:

Latest Movie Updates : Cinebuzz.in
Latest Update on Rajini Movie  Enthiran / Endhiran - Rajini - The Robot

Main Menu

How to Prepare A Resume

Started by satzz69, Jun 19, 2009, 01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

satzz69

It takes quality time to build a good resume.

DETERMINE & PRIORITIZE your skills, strengths, and interests. Assess your core capabilities.
CHOOSE a format for your resume:
SELECTED one of the following formats below:
Recent Graduate / Inexperienced Resume
Features and Benefits Resume
Responsibility, Accomplishment, and Profitability Resume

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recent Graduate
This is the only format with a stated objective. Without past job experience, this is essential since the employer needs to know your career aim. Otherwise, avoid stating an objective unless you know what position the employer is trying to fill. 

For example:

Jeff Jones
999 Post Oak Lane
Sacramento, CA 55555
(123)555-6666

OBJECTIVE:

Actively seeking entry level management training position with opportunity for career development.
EDUCATION:

Master of Science, Comparative Economics, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY (1995) Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, University of California. Davis, CA (1992)
SKILLS:

Analytical: Able to develop and use quantitative theories, graphs and statistics in the analysis of economic and political policies. Excellent ability to approach problems from many perspectives and grasp the consequences of different solutions.
Organizational: Highly efficient in hiring, training and scheduling employees in order to maximize productivity. As production manager at the school newspaper, The California Aggie, I cut costs by 5% in one year.
Creativity: Wrote article for local business journal describing the political consequences of economic trends in our area. Designed, typeset and marketed catalog explaining the Aggie's outside production services. Resulted in increased outside production sales by 15%.
WORK EXPERIENCE:

Teaching Assistant, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, January 1994-December 1995. Production Manager, The California Aggie, University of California, Davis, CA, June 1991 - June 1993.

agnessiec

Thank you! I completely agree with your points  :yes

I'd like to ask your opinion: well-written resume is one of the key points for successful obtaining of job and that is why a lot of people prefer to use such source. What do you think? Is it better when admission papers are completed by professionals? Do you get more chances in this case?   

williamwill009

Preparing a resume can be a real challenge, especially when you're trying to stand out from other candidates. I've found that the key to success is not just putting your experience and skills on your resume, but how you do it. But if you, like me, sometimes find yourself stuck at the stage of putting your thoughts down on paper, you might find it helpful to seek professional help. I used the info to help with my research project and was pleasantly surprised at how clearly and professionally they were able to express my ideas. Their writing experience can also be great helpful in preparing your resume, helping you polish your materials to perfection.