Samsung Galaxy S20 FE review: The 'affordable' flagship is a winner in every

Started by NiveRoshni, Oct 16, 2020, 11:43 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

NiveRoshni

Samsung Galaxy S20 FE review: The 'affordable' flagship is a winner in every sense

Samsung Galaxy S20 FE review: It's a complete phone with a 120Hz display, faster Exynos 990 processor, impressive triple cameras, and a battery that lasts all day long.

Buying a flagship during a pandemic is a bit complicated and selling one becomes way more difficult. But Samsung has a solution to sell a flagship device at an affordable price without cutting too many corners. Its Galaxy S20 FE (which stands for "fan edition") seems to be the perfect pandemic flagship smartphone you might want in 2020. This isn't a cheaper Galaxy S20 as many had initially hoped it would be. Instead, the Galaxy S20 FE is a different phone that could be Samsung's testing ground for a new class of "affordable flagships" in the future. I used the Galaxy S20 FE for a few days and was surprised by its performance. Here is my assessment of the Galaxy S20 FE.

Samsung Galaxy S20 FE: What's new?

The Galaxy S20 FE's design language is in line with other phones in the Galaxy S20 family, and that's a good thing. The S20 FE is identical to the Galaxy S20 with a metal frame and a display with slim bezels that has a centered hole punch cutout, but its back is made from plastic. I thought the phone had a glass back but it's actually a high-quality, matte plastic rather than glossy glass. Does that really bother me? My answer to your question is a big 'No'. Look, glass backs are easy to break and hell, the cost of replacing them is astronomically high. The other issue with glass is just how easily it scratches.

The point I am trying to make is that there is nothing wrong with a plastic back. The rear of the phone looks like glass to me, thanks to its frosted finish. Best of all, the Galaxy S20 FE still comes with Qi wireless charging with support for Wireless PowerShare. What's more, the Galaxy S20 FE is IP68 water-resistant so your phone won't get damaged even if it accidentally slips into a pool of water.

The good thing about the Galaxy S20 FE is that it doesn't like a cheap phone. It feels solid in the hand, and it's comfortable to use despite having a 6.5-inch screen. My review unit came in a cloud mint colour, but you can buy the phone in four more splashy colour options, including a lavender purple, cloud blue, cloud red and cloud white.

There are two physical buttons on the Galaxy S20 FE, a volume rocker near the top, and then a power or Bixby button. The 3.5mm headphone jack has been removed on the Galaxy S20 FE but Samsung includes a pair of USB-C earbuds with the phone. On top of the device, there's a slot to accommodate a SIM card as well as a microSD card. On the back of the phone is a rectangular-shaped camera array. There are a total of three cameras on the back of the device, one of which is an ultra-wide-angle lens.

Source : https://indianexpress.com/article/technology/tech-reviews/samsung-galaxy-s20-fe-review-6753217/

Go Up

Quick Reply

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

shortcuts: alt+s submit/post or alt+p preview
IT Acumens Web Designing Chennai | GinGly :: Build your Personal Website | CineBuzz :: Cinema News | My Kids Diary :: Gift your Kids Memories :: Book Website @ 349 Rs monthly
Copyright 2005 - 2021 :: IT Acumens :: All Rights Reserved. :: XML Sitemap
ITAcumens Discussion Forum with 2 lakhs post running for 15 years - Powered by IT Acumens Pro Dedicated Server

My Kids Diary