Rapamycin and Blood Pressure Pills

Started by KeenanCannon, Oct 04, 2022, 03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeenanCannon

Is anyone here taking Rapamycin  along with high blood-pressure pills (Ace Inhibitors and amLODIPine)? I'm curious, as I've been doing a lot of research and the combo doesn't seem all that positive. Any info regarding your own personal experience (or any info at all) would help. If contraindicated, it would be hard to know which one to give up. It's for the benefit of my beloved border collie. He's doing fantastic on Rapamycin (only on it three weeks, and I see a big difference in energy levels at his age); he was unfortunately diagnosed with hypertension just before he started the Rapamycin. I read that Sirolimus can cause hypertension but am not sure at what dose. I'm not on any of the medications myself, so I wouldn't know if he feels symptoms. I'm sure this answer would help other people as well. Thanks so much.

JoeHuff

I think it would be best to take him to the veterinarian

JoeHuff

Hi there! I have not personally tried this combination, but after doing some research, it seems that the potential side effects of combining these two medications could outweigh the benefits. High blood pressure is a serious condition, and combining two different medications to treat it could lead to some serious complications. Here on Pillpal (https://www.pillpal.to/), you can find more information about drug interactions. I would recommend talking to your veterinarian or a medical professional before starting your dog on this combination of medications. Take care!