7 Ways to Get Rid of Dark Circles

Started by monishav, Sep 22, 2020, 05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monishav

7 Ways to Get Rid of Dark Circles

1. Cold Compress
In the morning or evening – or better yet, in the morning AND the evening – apply a cold compress for about 10 minutes. If you have a mask you can keep in your fridge and pull out twice a day, that's the easiest way to try this dark circle reducing method. Just make sure to keep it clean and give it a good soapy scrub a few times a week!

2. Cucumbers
We've all seen cucumbers used as cold compresses on television and in films – but do they really work?

In fact, cucumbers have skin-lightening and mild astringent properties, so you can use cucumber slices to fix raccoon eyes naturally.

To try this method twice a day, chop a fresh cucumber into thick slices and then refrigerate for 30 minutes. Then, leave the slices on your eyes for 10 minutes. Rinse your eye area with warm (but not hot) water after using.

3. Cucumber Juice + Lemon Juice
If cucumber slices don't work for you, try mixing equal parts cucumber and lemon juice and then use a cotton ball to apply to your under-eye circles. (DO NOT get lemon juice in your eye!) Leave the solution on your skin for 15 minutes and then rinse with warm water.

4. Rose Water
Rose water doesn't just smell fantastic – it can also soothe and rejuvenate tired skin. Like cucumber, it's a mild astringent, so it can work as a skin toner. Just soak cotton makeup remover pads in rose water for a few minutes, and then let the soaked makeup pads sit on your CLOSED eyelids. Leave them for about 15 minutes twice daily.

5. Tomatoes
Tomatoes are high in lycopene, a substance that's excellent for your cardiovascular health, vision and your skin. Lycopene can help create softer, more supple skin, as well as decrease the appearance of dark under eye circles.

To gain the medical benefits of the lycopene found in tomatoes, mix equal parts tomato juice with lemon juice and then use a cotton ball or makeup remover pad to apply it to your under eye area. (Again, PLEASE do not get lemon juice in your eyes.) Leave the solution for 10 minutes and then rinse with warm water, twice daily.

A tasty concoction of tomato juice, lemon juice and mint leaves to drink daily will also help improve your overall health as well as your skin.

6. Cold tea bags
If you don't have a cold compress or mask to use, substitute with tea bags. Many teas like green tea have the added benefit of antioxidants, which have anti-inflammatory properties that help soothe strained capillaries in your under eye area.

7. Potatoes
Potatoes are a surprising source of lots of vitamin C, which among other things is great for the synthesis of collagen to promote healthier, younger-looking skin.

To harness the power of vitamin C to treat your under eye bags, grate some potatoes. Extract the juice from the potato and soak some cotton makeup remover pads in the juice. Place the pads on your eyes for about 10 minutes and then rinse with warm water.

stoianracing

Do morning patches help against dark circles? And are there any emergency ways to get rid of them except for cosmetics? I need to do a photoshoot today and wear no makeup, but my dark circles are worse today, which might be seen in the pictures.
Recently I had a laser skin resurfacing procedure on www.denverfacialplastics.com, and my skin looks whiter and younger than ever. So, I want the skin under the eyes to look nice too.
I liked the resurfacing procedure because it's not invasive at all, and I didn't need to get any shots like in the case with Botox.