News:

MyKidsDiary.in :: Capture your kids magical moment and create your Online Private Diary for your kids

Main Menu

Realme 5, 5i, and 5s now receiving Android 10 in India: How to update

Started by rajoee, Jun 02, 2020, 06:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rajoee

With the latest rollout of Android 10 on three more devices, the entire Realme 5 series is updated.

HIGHLIGHTS

. Realme 5, Realme 5i, and Realme 5s are now getting Android 10.

. Android 10 features include dark mode and smart reply.

. Realme has also added its own customisations to the update.

Realme 5 series smartphones are now receiving the much-awaited Android 10 update. The eligible smartphones under the series include the Realme 5, Realme 5i, and Realme 5s that are being updated with the latest Android version. The top model in the series, Realme 5 Pro, however, was updated with Android 10 back in February. With the latest rollout of software updates, the entire Realme 5 series now runs Android 10. The latest update brings Android 10 features such as dark mode, gesture navigation, and smart reply among others.

To update your Realme 5, Realme 5i, or Realme 5s handset, head to phone's settings and go to the software update section. Your handset should automatically fetch the update and begin downloading it depending on the auto-download settings. If for some reason, you have disabled automatic downloading of software updates, you can manually check for updates and install them. Beforehand, you need to ensure your handset has enough battery, approximately 60 per cent, for the update process. You may also need to back up your data in case there is any loss during the process.

The Android 10 features will be available on all three handsets as soon as the update is installed. Realme has customised the software, added some extra features, and named it Realme UI. The Realme UI will refresh the entire interface on your handset, and bring in new elements such as the Sidebar for easy access of most-used tools (screenshot, calculator, and more).

There are new ringtones, as well, added to the Realme UI update. Realme has also revamped wallpapers and system animations for functions such as charging and opening of Game Space. The weather app has also been redesigned to offer new animations based on real-time weather change. The recorder app now has a trimming functionality, as well.

An important feature that Realme has added is the Realme Share. In addition to allowing file transfer between Realme devices over Wi-Fi, Realme Share also lets Oppo, Vivo, and Xiaomi smartphones to exchange files. Realme has also enhanced some other functions with the Realme UI, including a Simple Mode for the home-screen, one-hand navigation, and a Global Search that is akin to Spotlight on iOS.

Over and above the customisations made by Realme, the Android 10 features will also be available to you after updating your handset. These features include a system-wide dark mode, smart reply for notifications, gesture navigation, and the Focus Mode. The update also brings support for Wi-Fi calling on Reliance Jio and Airtel networks.