News:

GinGly.com - Used by 85,000 Members - SMS Backed up 7,35,000 - Contacts Stored  28,850 !!

Main Menu

Redmi K30i launched as cheapest K series 5G smartphone with just one new feature

Started by rajoee, May 26, 2020, 10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rajoee

Xiaomi has released the Redmi K30i in China as a more affordable alternative to the Redmi K30 5G. The new model offers a low-spec main camera.

HIGHLIGHTS

. The Redmi K30i is launched as the cheapest 5G K series smartphone.

. Redmi has changed the main camera to a 48-megapixel sensor from Sony.

. The K30i uses the same Snapdragon 765G chip and a 120Hz display.

For a long time, the smartphone rumour market was abuzz with the Redmi K30i as Xiaomi’s cheapest 5G smartphone. Today, that phone is now official in China, albeit without a launch event. The Redmi K30i has been announced as an affordable alternative to the Redmi K30 5G and it comes with one notable new feature, which helps Xiaomi go for a lower starting price of 1899 Yuan (approx Rs 20,200). The rest of the phone is same as the Redmi K30 5G.

The main difference between the Redmi K30i and the Redmi K30 5G is the main camera, Instead of the 64-megapixel main camera from the Redmi K30 5G, the Redmi K30i has a 48-megapixel camera acting as the main camera. Xiaomi says that this is a Sony sensor and should deliver good results. The rest of the camera setup is identical to what we saw on the Redmi K30 5G, i.e. an 8-megapixel wide-angle camera, another 5-megapixel macro camera and a 2-megapixel depth camera.

The rest of the phone is identical to the K30 5G. Hence, you get the same 6.67-inch IPS LCD display with a Full HD+ resolution that has a refresh rate of 120Hz. The display has a dual punch-hole cutout, holding the same duo of a 20-megapixel main camera and a 2-megapixel depth camera.

The K30i is a 5G phone and that is aided by the Snapdragon 765G chipset. There’s only a single storage variant, with just 128GB of UFS 2.1 storage. There’s 6GB of LPDDR4X RAM onboard. The phone uses the same 4500mAh battery coupled with a 30W wired fast-charging system.

The Redmi K30i is rumoured to replace the 4G variant of the K30 in China. Xiaomi is going for an all-5G smartphone lineup in China this year. It’s Mi series phones have all been launched in 5G variants only whereas the Redmi series phones consists of a mix of 5G and 4G phones. Even for the low-end segment, Xiaomi is going for 5G. The Redmi 10X is scheduled to launch in China tomorrow and based on the leaks, it too will be a 5G smartphone.

That said, the Redmi 10X is coming in a 4G flavour too and this could launch globally as the Poco M2 Pro, Poco’s second smartphone for the masses in global markets. The Redmi 10X is already confirmed to come with a MediaTek Dimensity 820 chipset, an AMOLED display as well as a 30X zoom camera at the back.

Source: IndiaToday.in