world's first Social Search Engine Created by a 15 year old Indian programmer

Started by Sudhakar, Apr 05, 2018, 06:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sudhakar

15 year old Indian programmer creates world's first Social Search Engine

While most of the teenagers use computers for surfing the web for school works, accessing social networking sites, and leveraging social media platforms for entertainment, this was not the case with  Abhik Saha who kept a personal computer at the age of 11 years old.

Thought to be an average student at the Don Bosco English Medium School, Abhik was able to create apps and develop his own search engine gradually with his first computer. This took place in a small town called Chalsa, in the Jalpaiguri district of West Bengal state in India.

Saha's interest in programming was triggered when he initiated his class on the principles of web design at the age of 11. Armed with his computer, the geek kid focussed on that subject even outside of the class. But surprisingly Abhik was not able to pass his computer science test that year being the only failed student.

He then took this an opportunity to improve and focus hard on the subject. I did excellently well in the next computer science exams, this was a major boost,  said Saha in an interview with Your Story.

My teacher appreciated the effort I put into designing web pages but insisted I work on learning programming as well, he said. To me, C++ and other programming languages were plain boring. But what followed is still a surprise to me,'' added Saha.

Abhik after meeting a software developer tried Visual Studio, a programming integrated development environment for creating software.

Abhik began studying programming seriously and improved my coding skills, and solved logical problems. I then knew this was the direction I wanted to take in my life,” he said.

The idea of launching a search engine came to my mind after I successfully created Lino. I began working on the assignment but was in need of funds. Around mid-February 2017, I met an angel investor via Facebook who invested Rs 21 lakh and helped me turn this project into an actual business,'' says Abhik.

He also adds,'' My objective was to build an index and database of websites one by one. I wanted to make a search engine that extracts results from other search engines and algorithmically sorts the best, deletes the spam and malicious sites. Our main feature is, we do not track you or your IP, and you are completely anonymous while using our servers.

After completion of his board exam, Abhik landed in Mumbai and unveiled his search engine in August 2017.

Source : https://www.techgig.com/tech-news/15-year-old-Indian-programmer-creates-world-s-first-Social-Search-Engine-150860

firstenquiryseo1

Great writing skills, it will be even better if you have added that search engine name and the present view screenshots and all!