Aug 15, 2018, 09:32 PM

News:

GinGly.com - Used by 85,000 Members - SMS Backed up 7,35,000 - Contacts Stored  28,850 !!

Elon Musk accidentally shared his personal phone number with 16M followers

Started by Sudhakar, Jan 02, 2018, 04:12 PM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

Sudhakar

Elon Musk accidentally shared his personal phone number with 16M followers

There's two golden rules of privacy on social media:

Don't accidentally paste a password into a public message
Don't share your phone number if you're in any sort of position of prominence
In a tweet directed to Oculus CTO John Carmack, Elon Musk today broke rule number two. The wayward tweet was quickly deleted, but many of Musk's 16.7 million Twitter followers had already taken notice.

While TNW isn't going to share the number, multiple outlets are confirming its legitimacy.

As a CNBC reporter found, Musk's ringing music was an homage to the classic PlayStation franchise "God of War." We tried it ourselves and, yep... that's Kratos.

The ringing starts with "By the Gods you've done it. Somehow you've found your way here to me. I offer you my congratulations and my respect." You can hear the monologue the ring music was referencing here.

Musk hasn't shown much public interest in VR, so it's unclear why he'd want to speak with Carmack. A simple search for the terms "VR" and "virtual reality" yielded zero results for Musk.

Maybe the duo were sharing eggnog recipes?

Source : https://www.techgig.com/tech-news/Elon-Musk-accidentally-shared-his-personal-phone-number-with-16M-followers-149088

Go Up

Quick Reply

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

shortcuts: alt+s submit/post or alt+p preview
IT Acumens | GinGly :: SMS Backup | Acumen :: Discussion Board | AshokPillar :: Hosting | CineBuzz :: Latest Cinema News | My Kids Diary :: Capture your kids magical moment
Copyright 2005 - 2017 :: IT Acumens :: All Rights Reserved.
ITAcumens Forum with 2 lakhs post running for 10 years - Powered by HostGator Dedicated Server