News:

Choose a design and let our professionals help you build a successful website   - ITAcumens

Main Menu

Read & Liked....

Started by madhu, May 11, 2016, 09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhu

Angel Of the Night.....

This happened to me in Bangalore. It was one of those rainy days in June 2015. I was on my way back from office on bike. It was drizzling and messy. My Office is in Prestige Tech Park, Marathahalli. I stay in Koramangala. It takes almost one and half hours to reach during heavy evening traffic. Just like any day, I take the road under the Agara Flyover adjacent to the lake. I don't know what intuition I got that day, I decided to take another road (the one which goes to left in front of giant Hanuman statue).

I was riding and there was an Auto in front of me. It was moving along a zigzag line. Out of nowhere, a bag was thrown out of the Auto. I felt something fishy and decided to check it out. I increased speed and tried to overtake the Auto, I saw the Auto driver groping and harassing the lone woman inside. I had a moment to make a decision. In a second - a stream of thoughts flashed through my mind. Should I do something? Is it worth the risk? I am not a localite, so if Cops come to know about it will it create a serious problem criminally? The deciding thought was - I too have a Sister! That's it.

I shouted at the driver to stop in Hindi. He sped away. I accelerated and then the chase began. There was very little traffic on those roads. I was able to finally overtake from front, apply sudden brakes and he hit me from behind. I fell down. He came out, and kicked me before I could even get up. There were nearby huts and two more guys came running and hitting me too. I had one eye looking for the woman. She stood there shouting and screaming for help. Few moments of running and falling and utter chaos passed. I hit back at them, they gave me blows. Three of them were pretty strong and huge for my size. My body was in pain. I shouted at the lady to run towards the main road for safety and get some help. She was too scared to do it.

Out of sheer luck or God's grace or miracle, two military soldiers happened to see the brawl (There is a military post nearby). They came and started hitting the goons. The goons ran away after looking at their uniform. One of the soldiers knew Kannada, he dialled the cops and they arrived after 10 minutes. We were able to retain one of the goons as he had fainted. The lady told us that the auto guy stole her gold chain by threatening her with a knife. She got scared and tried to jump, that's when her bag fell down and the driver started sexually assaulting her. She was shivering and in tears. There was a hell lot of commotion and a huge crowd now. We went to the Police station to register an FIR. The cops congratulated me on my bravery and said that I had helped them nab an important accomplice of gold chain snatching racket. I was happy, it made me immune to the pain for the moment at least. Later, I thanked the Military guys for saving me. We had tea to calm our nerves then, I dropped the lady to her place safely. I told her not to worry too much, everything is fine.

She said to me that she felt helpless and thought her life is over, just then she prayed to God to save her and that I was like an angel that He had sent. It was a miracle she said. I felt good when I was riding back, my body was in pain, but I felt proud that I have been really fortunate to do my role as a responsible citizen of this country.

Source (https://www.quora.com/pinned/Psychology-of-Everyday-Life)
- Madhu

madhu

Beautiful Character of a Child

My daughter was dealing with a little girl who wasn't very kind to her. I was frustrated. I finally asked her why she played with this unkind child.

She said

"Maybe nobody ever taught her how to be a nice friend. If I'm nice then she can learn"

I misted up and suddenly had "something in my eye"

I never thought so many people would appreciate my daughter as I have.

Source: (https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-loveliest-thing-a-child-has-ever-said-to-you/answer/Cherie-12?srid=uROsO)
- Madhu

madhu

Father, Daughter Converse..

Some of the many conversations with my then 4-year old daughter.

She: Daddy, your face is so beautiful. When I grow up, will I have a similar beautiful face?

Dad: You yelled at me, now you yourself are crying.
She: That's why I am crying that I yelled at you. Now, will you HELP me get over it.

Dad: Is this toy mine?
She: no
Dad: This must be mine.
She: NO
Dad: This must be certainly mine
She: NO......Daddy, the only thing in this house that belongs to you is your lovely little daughter; rest is all mine.

Source:(https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-loveliest-thing-a-child-has-ever-said-to-you/answer/Darshan-Singh-1?srid=uROsO)
- Madhu

madhu

Little Facts About McDonalds

Designing a corporate logo today would require a design group, a research firm, and a test marketing group. It could cost more than a million dollars to get the job done, before advertising.

Dick McDonald liked to talk about the business, and told this story to my dad.

When he was planning his first restaurant, he asked his architect to design a logo using two golden arches, shaped into an "M". The architect thought the idea was corny and refused. So he asked a second architect, and was turned down again.

In desperation, Dick found Bill Downs, a 70 year old sign painter, with a shop on the second floor of a shoddy building on Hanover Street in Manchester NH. With a few strokes of yellow paint, Bill quickly did the job.

Today, McDonald's golden arches are probably the best known logo in the world.

Dick happily paid the bill, twenty-five dollars!

Source: (https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-little-known-facts-about-McDonalds/answer/Lon-Weston?srid=uROsO)
- Madhu

madhu

A Night To Remember

Arvind and I had an arranged marriage and somehow we happened to fall in love during our courtship period. That is another story in itself!! But more on that later...

We decided to visit Switzerland and Paris for our honeymoon. Instead of going with a travel agency, we literally wanted to 'make our own trip'! So we booked our flights, blocked a nice apartment in Lucerne as a base for our stay in Switzerland and a lovely hotel in Paris (very close to the Eiffel Tower). We did not plan a day-by-day schedule. We just looked up the places we wanted to visit and decided to go wherever we felt like going that day.

No hard and fast rule about waking up at a certain time, no stipulated time to spend in a certain location, no readily available food.... It was scary, yet exciting! Naturally, our parents were worried about this entire approach. But we convinced them that we would be safe and would take utmost care of each other.

"Don't leave each other's side." "Take care of your belongings." "Guard your money and passports with your life."

We got two international sim cards, kept enough cash handy and had some forex deposited in a card as well. We carried a Waist pouch to store all of our important things – Money, Passports, Card, Swiss Pass & Paris Pass. This was with me at all times. And off we went!!

We spent 7 days in Switzerland and 4 days in Paris – needless to say, we fell in love with both these places. We witnessed spectacular views at Jungfraujoch and Mt. Titlis (freezing our butts off, of course!), hogged all the chocolate we could (more like couldn't resist!) at the Maison Cailler Chocolate factory, visited Roger Federer's hometown (Both of us adore him!), cooked our own food at the apartment when we got tired of eating pastas, pizzas and sandwiches, roamed the streets of Paris like locals for hours, had a lovely cozy dinner while the Eiffel Tower sparkled in all its glory right next to us..

I could go on and on about how much we enjoyed our trip... But let me come to the part where every single thing that happened to us after makes me shudder even today....

Our flight to Bangalore was at 9.30am the next morning from Zurich airport. We took a four hour train ride from Paris to Zurich main station. We had to take another train from Zurich Main station to Zurich Airport station that night itself and we had booked our overnight stay at a hotel very close to the airport.

We got off at Zurich main station, bought our tickets for the next train to Zurich Airport station and made our way to the platform. One of the most important things we noticed was that trains leave at the exact time of the scheduled departure and so far we hadn't missed a single train. So we were pretty confident at this point.

The train was to depart at 10.47pm. We had our luggage with us and Arvind was hauling them in while I was helping out. And at 10.47pm SHARP, the doors closed. With him INSIDE and me OUTSIDE.

I tried pressing the button that is used to open and close the doors but, ZILCH!! Absolutely nothing happened. We stared at each other with utter panic – and almost like a Bollywood scene, the train chugged along.

I staggered back a couple of steps and a few people who were around asked me if everything was okay. I was still mumbling in disbelief. One amazing gentleman came forward, opened up a mobile application and told me which platform I needed to head towards to catch the next train to the same station. I thanked him and ran there.

The next train was in 20 minutes. I saw a Ticket collector at the platform and asked if there was any announcement that could be made at the airport station (I could feel my voice quivering). He said no, unfortunately. Tears made their way down my cheeks. There was nothing I could do but wait it out and board the train.

I was desperate to speak to Arvind and hear his voice. Arvind's SIM card did not work in Paris at all and ultimately the battery died. We did not bother charging it because we had my phone and his Nexus tab if we needed anything.Suddenly, it hit me.

Arvind's phone was with him. But the phone charger was with me. In fact....

a) All the cash we were carrying

b) The forex card

c) Our Swiss & Paris passes

d) Our passports

e) And yes, even the train tickets for this journey were with me in our money pouch!!!!

We did not know each other's international numbers by heart and it was too late to call our parents and scare them in the middle of the night. We had sent them a mail with details on our international numbers before leaving... if only this damn phone would work!!

All these days, we were being so careful – we always waited at a designated space whenever we had to use restrooms in public places and were waiting for the other to come out, held hands in trains and buses so we wouldn't get separated and din't rush while traveling in crowded places... How did this happen?!

Arvind in the meantime was really worried and getting increasingly desperate by the minute. He reached the airport station but really couldn't make up his mind on whether to wait for me at the airport or go back to the train station. He was traveling without a passport and ticket. He was actually hoping that the ticket collector would come and ask so he could get some support.

The airport train station was at the lower level and the airport itself was on the higher level. There was hardly anyone around. He tried looking around the few shops that were open trying to find someone with a charger for his phone. But no luck!

Remember he had no cash with him as well? Actually, he had less than a couple of Swiss Francs in his pocket! Amidst all the chaos and turbulent flow of thoughts in his mind at this moment, an elderly (and visibly poverty-stricken) German lady happened to ask him if he could spare some money. Without thinking about his current monetary state, he started fumbling in his pocket and told her, once realization hit him, that he had about one and three quarter francs. He remembers, not too fondly now, that she gave him a long hard stare accompanied by what sounded like some Deutsch swear words and moved on...

In a short while from then, he met an Asian guy (Chinese or Japanese) and narrated his predicament. The guy responded, in what was an amazing gesture of brotherhood, by actually volunteering to help create a temporary solution to charge Arvind's phone. He took out a briefcase that had some technical equipment and started trying out some things. But nothing really seemed to be working....

I boarded the train and reached the airport station and ran around both the levels for a while. I kept scanning each corner, but I couldn't find Arvind. I went outside the airport only to find out that the last shuttle bus that transports people from the airport to the hotel had just left. I was super relieved and felt that Arvind might have left for the Hotel in that bus.

I found a couple of police officers who informed me that the hotel was not very far from the airport and that I could take a cab since the shuttle bus had left.

I got into the cab – the driver noticed the distress on my face and asked me if everything was okay. It felt good to converse in a language I was comfortable with (Hindi). He informed me that he was from Pakistan. His reassuring words were the only reason I could maintain some level of composure. It was around 11.45pm by the time I reached the hotel.

I met the lady at the reception and the first thing I blurted out was, "Has my husband reached???" I showed her his passport and she said, "Arvind? Yes yes he has!!"

That was all it took for me to burst into tears. She handed me some tissues along with a keycard to the room on the fifth floor. I don't know how I managed to stagger into the lift and reach the room.

I opened the door and could not believe my eyes... The lights were turned off and this great guy I married seemed to be fast asleep on the bed. I tiptoed into the room and stood near the edge of the bed and he suddenly sat upright with pure fear in his eyes..... he WAS NOT my husband!!!

I muttered a lot of sorrys in the 5 seconds it took me to run out of the room. I came back to the reception and asked her whose room she sent me to! She looked in to her records and again confirmed it was actually another Arvind... but not MY Arvind. She checked his passport and surname again and surmised that our room was actually blocked on the 1st floor.We tried calling the room phone and knocking on the door, but there was no response.

The lobby seemed like a better place to wait rather than the room. So I sat on one of the sofas for a few minutes. The receptionist walked up to me hesitantly with an Indian looking man tagging along behind her and said that he wanted to talk to me.

He introduced himself and said, "Main toh aapko dekh ke hi pehchan gaya tha ki aap Hindustani hai" (I could identify you as an Indian the moment I saw you).He asked me what happened and I gave him a gist of the entire situation. He tried reassuring me and said everything would be okay. That's where the conversation ended, or so I hoped.

"You can use my room to freshen up if you want to. No no! Don't worry – I will stay right here. Galat mat samajhiye (Don't misunderstand me)." I refused in the politest voice I could muster and thankfully he went back to the bar counter.

I sent a couple of messages to Arvind on his phone and his mail ids that I was at the hotel. It was close to 1.00am.

Arvind had left his newfound friend to work on the charger and was walking around looking for an open shop or someone else with a charger that he could use. He saw an African lady fast asleep on one of the benches and her purse was right next to her, open. And a charger was partly visible through the gaps. He was tempted and reached out to try and wake the lady or pick up the charger.... Such a moral dilemma – but he was sure the lady would understand. Just as he made up his mind, his friend called out to him and smiled.

Yes, the phone was now charging!!

*Ring Ring*

I knew it was him.

"Hey""..."

(Words refused to come out of my lips. All I could manage was a teary 'Mmmm')

After what seemed like an eternal pause, I finally calmed myself down and spoke,

"I'm at the hotel"

"I don't have any money...."

"Just come".

At around 1.30-1.45am, we were finally reunited and I broke down completely when I saw him. I don't think there has ever been a tighter hug in the history of hugs. We went back to the room and started telling each other about what happened during the time that we were separated. Neither of us could believe that this actually happened. There were some unanswered questions....

"How did we miss each other at the airport?"

"How did that guy manage to charge the phone?"

We are so so thankful to all those who helped us – the man who helped me with his mobile app, the young man who helped Arvind charge his phone, the wonderful driver who soothed me with his reassuring words.

In a way, this incident brought us much closer together and we've decided that if we ever get separated in this manner next time (God forbid!), we will meet each other at the place where we were actually headed.

So there you have it... One of the scariest, craziest and longest 3 hours of our lives. A night we will always remember!

Source: (https://www.quora.com/What-was-your-scariest-travel-experience/answer/Varsha-Cetlur?srid=uROsO)
- Madhu

madhu

Smart Answer...

Interviwer: What makes you different from all the others waiting outside room?

Me: I am very much disciplined, sincere and blah blah (I told him all the qualities which we all used to say)

Interviewer: Tell me something new....what one thing makes you different from the other guys?

Me: Sir.....I think its my DNA.

He burst out laughing and said very good man.

Selected!!!

Source : (https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-smart-answers-given-to-an-interviewer/answer/Divyang-Agarwal?srid=uROsO)
- Madhu

madhu

Embarrassing Moment

In 2014, I had a major accident. Post that , I went through a lot of check ups and one of them was of the skull, so, for the checkup, a very cute doctor came in and started going through my reports , he was young and extremely handsome. I was all set to ask him out, but :-

Doctor : Saw your reports , your skull is completely fine

Brother: Ho hi Nahi Sakta ! bachpan se iske saath hoon

(That's impossible ! I Have been living with her since childhood)

2. I was getting my eyes checked ; Post check up

Doctor: Your eyes are pretty ...

(Pause)

Me: Thanks

Doctor: Damaged

*Awkward silence*

I slowly left the hospital and crawled beneath bed.

PS: People usually compliment my eyes so I thought he was one of them

Source : (https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-most-embarrassing-moment-of-your-life-2/answer/Udita-Pal?srid=uROsO)
- Madhu

dennan

its a intelligent answer and very effective

madhu

Face Palm Moment...

A new girl joined my team as a Junior Software Engineer at work and I was supposed to give her KT(Knowledge Transfer) sessions.

So I pinged her a few URL's and told her to open them up till I come to her desk.

I provided the URL's somewhat like this.
ABC - abc.com
DEF - def.com
XYZ - xyz.com

She calls me in a moment and says the website is not loading.

I went to her desk to check what the issue was and found out that she had entered this.

The first facepalm moment. I explained that you need to enter only the URL and not the description and asked her to open the rest of the URL's I provided and then call me.

A few minutes later, she calls me again and says "I opened the second URL but the first one disappeared!"

She opened the second URL in the same tab as the first one.

BIGGEST FACEPALM EVER!

PS: She ranked 5th in Maharashtra in her MCA 1st sem.

Source: (https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-biggest-facepalm-moments-you-have-ever-experienced/answer/Krishna-Iyer-8?srid=uROsO)
- Madhu

madhu

I Wish I was White

Those were words said to me by my younger sister, who was five years old at the time. My little sister is such a pretty little girl, she has beautiful curly hair, big eyes, she's a lovely little girl. However, she didn't see those things. Throughout most of my life, I shared a room with my little sister. We were seated on my bed, and I was combing her hair. She was holding a mirror in her hands, so she could see how her hair was turning out.

She seemed to be studying her reflection very closely, so I asked her about it.

"Whatcha thinking about?" I asked her.

Then she said it, in an matter of fact tone. "I wish I was white."

I can't begin to explain how those words felt. To hear my own little sister, say something like that about herself... It broke my heart. I have always struggled with my own image of myself, I didn't like my curly hair, I didn't like my large lips or nose, I thought I was ugly. I felt like that throughout my childhood, I was jealous of my white classmates, for having long straight hair, small lips and noses, pale skin. As you can see, It broke my heart to hear my little sister had those same thoughts.

The pain behind those words was real. It wasn't just a little girl with low confidence, it was a child manipulated by years of racism ingrained into our society. There's very few things worse than hating your own body. Because you're stuck in it. That's the body you have, and it won't change. My little sister seemed to have just realized that. She was pained by the reality that she was stuck in a dark skinned body for life. And that hurt. Those were the saddest words I've ever heard a child say.

Source: (https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-saddest-thing-you-have-heard-a-child-say/answer/Claire-Chase-1?srid=uROsO)
- Madhu

madhu

Soul-Satisfying

In my office a new office boy, some 19 year old was recruited on contract. His job was to prepare tea and serve to all the employees working in the office, clean the dishes and do all the hectic work like running from one office to another carrying files and documents.

One day he came with a cup of tea to my seat smiling and inquired in broken English if I will teach him Hindi & English (He knew only Tamil). Out of curiosity I asked his qualification. He hesitated a bit and told he is a 10th pass boy. I agreed and started to talk with him in Hindi & English. In two months he started to converse in both the languages like a beginner. He was able to express himself decently with his broken sentences. The boy started to interact with me more and started sharing some personal things. I felt good while talking to him. He shared that he has a hobby of collecting coins and he has a collection of 100 different and antique coins. I was surprised. I appreciated his efforts and told him bring to them as I wanted to see them.

Next day he brought a folder full of coins. I was amazed with his collection! What amazed me more was his knowledge about each coin . He described the historical significance of each coin with the year of its minting.While I was appreciating his collection he suddenly told "Sir I want to tell you something. I have a Diploma in Civil Engineering. I have written my final exams".
I was surprised !! and asked him," then why did you say you are 10th pass only ?". His answer melt my heart. He replied ," Sir I am very poor and I am in great need of money. Earlier I used to work as a truck loader after my studies to help my family. But my physique does not allow me to continue that work. I came here and didn't reveal my qualification because people will not select me for the work of an office boy if they know I have a Diploma. Also my results are awaited I can't apply for a job. I have a bicycle but its tires burst last week so I walk almost 4 kms to highway everyday to catch a bus to office. While returning again I have to walk. Please don't reveal this to anybody."

That day I felt how a person can compromise with his abilities when in need for money. I felt bad each time he came with the cup of tea. I felt bad when someone in office scolded him for not making tea properly. I felt this person doesn't deserve such a bad treatment. Few days later I called him to my cubicle, sat with him to prepare a resume as I didn't want him to stay in my office anymore. I met my boss with the resume and explained the hardship of the boy. It is a practice in construction industry that the recommendations of a client is taken care and they also require to recruit some local people as a workforce. I met the project manager of a reputed construction company working here in my institution and handed the resume to him, requesting to take the boy in his team which will help him explore and gain knowledge in his own field. It took a week time for him to call the boy and appoint in the Quality Assurance team.

The numerous thanks and gratitude he gave with smile, still remains in my eyes.
I instructed him " learn and work honestly, be like a boss :) "

It has been one month he is working with TPL. His final results of diploma are out. He is the second topper of his college with 79 % marks. It is soul satisfying whenever I see him working as an engineer.

Source: (https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-most-soul-satisfying-thing-you-have-ever-done-in-your-life/answer/Rahul-Karn-2?srid=uROsO)
- Madhu

madhu

Hook or Crook...

Take this with a pinch of salt.

A man and his wife are driving to a nearby town. They have a heated argument in the car on some issue and aren't talking to each other since the last one hour.

As they are driving, they come across a barn full of sheep, cows and pigs.

The husband, in all arrogance asks, ' Relatives of your's?

The wife calmly looks at her husband, 'Yep', she says, 'my In- laws'.

Moral: Don't try to act smart with your wife

A man and his wife have an argument as to who will brew the coffee.

Wife : 'You should brew the coffee because it is written in the Bible'.

Husband: 'what rubbish. Show it to me'.

The wife goes into room, gets her copy of the Bible and shows the first page to her man, where on right hand corner, it is written, HEbrews.

Moral: A wife will always win the argument by hook or by crook.

Source: (https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-short-stories-about-wives/answer/Sanam-Jitiya-1?srid=uROs)
- Madhu

madhu

Left & Right

This happened to me in my first interview. After the formal introduction, came this question:

Interviewer: Right now, where are you coming from?
Me: From my room.

Interviewer: So Vikas tell me, in how many directions you turned coming to this interview from your room?
Me: *starts counting in my head* 1 when I got out from room, 2 and 3 when I turned in gallery, 4 and 5 in the staircase...

Interviewer: Take your time.
Me: *thinking* 6 again in gallery, 7 in gate (I was like, What the fuck?)

Interviewer: *smiling evil*
Me: Just two, sir. (something has struck in my mind.)

Interviewer: Explain.

Me: Left and Right, sir. Just the two direction I have ever turned. (smiles)

Interviewer: Very good, Vikas. (starts laughing)
Me: (Also, joins in laughter)

Source :(https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-best-interview-question-ever/answer/Vikas-Omar?srid=uROsO)
- Madhu

madhu

The most beautiful baby

A mother used to make tiffin for her son who studied in kindergarten.

She used to get it delivered by the driver.

Once she hired a maid for this job, she asked her to go find her baby and feed him the lunch.

The maid asked "How would i recognize your son? "

The mother said "Just look for the most beautiful baby, and feed him, thats him"

The child came back from school, he was very hungry, the maid had not given him the food.

Maid came back home, the tiffin was empty.

Mother went furious and asked the maid "What's the matter? "

Maid said " I saw everywhere in the school, searched around for the most beautiful baby and there was my son standing near the school gate, i found him to be the most beautiful baby, so i fed him the lunch"

Every child is most beautiful for its mother

Source : (https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-most-beautiful-story-you-can-write-within-20-lines/answer/Taniya-Rahman?srid=uROsO)
- Madhu

madhu

Stand Up For Myself

This incident happened when I was studying in my 10th grade. A male teacher hit my back with a throw ball deliberately. I was quite annoyed with the behavior. I chose to remain quiet. He came near me. I could sense that he was going to do it again. After a certain argument, I gathered my courage to shout at him - "Behave yourself" in front of 50 odd students. Humiliated teacher, stormed out of the place. The next day I was punished in front of my classmates for back-answering my teacher. Note that, none of my teachers knew what had happened behind the scenes and not one student was ready to narrate the incident. I was portrayed as a bad girl.

I did a little secret investigation(Well, I was 16 then, it was a big thing for me) on that teacher. Asked my junior friends, the students who attended his tuition classes. Turns out that, the teacher was lustful and many girls had similar experiences as mine, but no one had dared to speak up. I handed over all the information to the head mistress. The teacher was interrogated and after the certainty of the issue was proved, he was suspended. I felt really proud that I had the guts to stand up for myself.

Source: (https://www.quora.com/Whats-the-bravest-thing-you-have-ever-done/answer/Shruthi-Nayak?srid=uROsO)
- Madhu

madhu

Best Advice From a Mother

It was year 2008 and I was about to  appear in class XII board exams. My mother ( I used to call her Maa) was terminally ill and was diagnosed with cancer in its last stage. I had my 1st paper on 1st march, 2008 and a day before this exam my Maa had high fever. We all thought it was a normal seasonal fever and she took some basic medicines. At the same night, she was very sick and could not breathe properly and was feeling restlessness. So, at around 2:00 am my papa (father) was about to take her to the hospital. Since I had my exam on the same day and my Maa knew  if I'm tensed I would not study and screw the exam up, so she told "Beta, jab bhi meri yaad aaye, tab padhai karna."

Translation: "Whenever you miss me, You read something."

This was the last conversation between my Maa and me. On the very morning she expired due to multiple organ failure. But my papa later told me that her last words were "Tell my daughter to go and take the exam."

According to me, this was the best advice I could ever get from anyone. If I miss her, I read.She is the most beautiful lady I have ever seen in my life.

Source : (https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-best-advice-your-mother-ever-gave-you-1/answer/Anshu-Singh-21?srid=uROsO)

- Madhu

madhu

Mr.Bean - The Game Changer

When I was a teenager (thirteen or fourteen years old), I went to a wedding. The host of the function was a very gentle and polite man, who welcomed us all warmly and made us sit comfortably in the front row. There sat his elder brother with his family.

Now I was sitting next to him, he turned to look at me and said, "Oh what a lovely cute girl you are! In which class you are?" I replied, "Eighth standard."

He said, raising his eyebrow, "Oh! So you must be fond of cartoons and children shows right!" I replied, "Yes uncle, very much, especially Mr. Bean. He is damn funny and stupid, but I love him!"

He asked more, "If Mr. Bean is so stupid, why do you love him?"

I replied, "I don't know, but sometimes I think he is very carefree, he has not much worries. He has only his Teddy and his car to look after, he doesn't care much for any other thing, not even his girlfriend. And yet he is the happiest! I wish I could live like him! These school homework always take a toll on me."

He smiled and replied, "I saw some episodes of Mr. Bean on television, thanks to my grandson who is just your age. He too loves watching him, and narrated the stories to me as well, which made me watch it, and I now know why you and other kids, along with many adults love him. You can learn a lot of lessons from him, even without realizing it yourself!"

While I looked at him in amazement, my parents asked me to join them as dinner was served. He asked me if I would like to join them, and I nodded and told them I will eat later, and requested him to continue. He continued, "One of the most important things he teaches is to be yourself, no matter what! Mr. Bean remains himself even when the whole world thinks he is stupid! Second thing you can learn from him is love your own company. I bet you have seen him alone with his Teddy most of the time. Third thing he teaches you is, value people who are with you when nobody else is. He always loves and looks after his Teddy, because it is with him when nobody else is, and the fourth thing you can learn is learn to dance to your own tune, be carefree, because life is too short to spend it in all tensions and worries! And that is why you never see him in tension, even when you see him worried, it is only for some time, after all, he too is a human being, right? And sometimes being stupid is the best thing you can ever be!"

I still remember I had my mouth open at his explanation. He smiled, and then the host asked him to join for some ceremony. He gave me blessings, wished me good luck for my studies, and left.

That was one of the best advice I have ever received from a stranger, even when he explained it all with someone else's point of view.

Source: (https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-best-advice-youve-received-1/answer/Ketki-Mathur?srid=uROsO)
- Madhu

madhu

Best Love Story

The 4 year old boy ran to his room crying as he was reprimanded by his mother for pushing away his 2 year old sister's plate because only he had noticed an insect in the food.

Autism might have taken away his ability to speak but not his ability to love.

Source: (https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-best-love-story-you-can-come-up-with-in-two-sentences/answer/Sudarshan-Rajagopalan?srid=uROsO)
- Madhu

madhu

Magic Behind A Thank you

I was about ten. My mom had just finished creating one of her amazing meals, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Delicious. Later, as I was washing the dishes, my mom came up to me. "Sorry dinner was so awful again," she said.

I was shocked. "What? No, it was great. I loved it."

"Really?" she said, with mock surprise. "You always eat so quietly, never saying anything. You've never told me you liked my cooking, so I thought you hated it."

"No, you're the best cook I know."

"Then you should tell me that," she said. "Whenever someone does something nice for you, you should thank that person. If you don't, then she might think she's not appreciated and stop doing those nice things."

Something clicked right then. From that day forward, I thanked everyone for literally everything. If you did something that even vaguely helped me, I thanked you profusely. It became a habit, something I didn't even think about, and that's when the magic started happening.

People liked me more. They talked to me more, shared with me, were more friendly. In my first year of high school, during the final week I came home and found a giant freezie waiting for me. "Thanks, mom," I said instinctively.

"This isn't from me, she said. "This is from your bus driver." He had been driving that bus for years, and my siblings and I were the first person to ever thank him as we got dropped off. Those two simple words made a huge difference, so much so that he went out of his way to tell our mom and give us a present.

That's the power of appreciation. When you have it, all is right in the world, but when it's missing life is empty. My mom taught me many things, but taking two seconds to say 'thank you' every time, in any situation, was the best.

Source: (https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-best-advice-your-mother-ever-gave-you-1/answer/Jonathan-Pettit-1?srid=uROsO)
- Madhu

dennan

madhu

Love for Siblings Never Change

Exactly my scenario, my sister is 6 years younger to me too. I am 30, she's 24. But I think the last time we were together at home was probably six years ago. Academics and career has made it really difficult for all of us to meet each other more often.

When we are at home, although we have separate rooms, we usually don't stay separately. What's the point of going home if you are going to be alone there too.

So this is what happens, we would be on the same bed, doing our stuff, she would probably be reading/surfing/texting, I would be busy with my laptop. Once in a while she would read me something nice, we would watch some movie or series or documentaries together or may be some funny videos. Talk to each other in between long silences, crack jokes, gossip, share life experiences. Have lunch, dinner and then probably one of us or both of us will fall asleep. We have a really big bed. Sometimes we go to our rooms, sometimes not.

If anyone needs privacy there are a lot of other rooms in the house where one could go. But it's pretty normal to be together.

And for the love of humanity, there is no sexual attraction between siblings. She is still a baby for me. I love and care about her, just like I always have. Age doesn't make a difference. We are creatures of habit, we don't even realize that so many years have passed. In my head, it's still the same as sleeping in her room when she was a baby. I did not want her to get frightened at night and be there for her if she cried or needed water. I still keep a bottle of water beside the bed for her because she wakes up at night to drink some.

And if you think something very weird is going on, that won't change even if the two don't share a bed together.

Siblings are the oldest best friend we have that we love truly and unconditionally and it is only a matter of time when she will have a family of her own and go away, until then let me cherish all the moments with the best person I know. And you wouldn't believe, even falling asleep beside them is very peaceful, you sleep like a baby.

Source: (https://www.quora.com/Should-siblings-share-beds/answer/Neeraj-Raj-1?srid=uROsO)
- Madhu

madhu

Olympics Gold Medal

Dinner time. TV debate on why India is struggling to win an Olympics gold medal.

Granddad- Huh! Look at everyone, a country with 1.2 billion people and not a single medal. Everyone is busy playing cricket, I guess.

Dad - No dad, it's because of politics. The best ones don't get a chance and corruption plays a big role.

Granddad - I don't know, but looks like our players aren't practising enough.

Dad - Maybe everyone is an engineer. There's no one to play out there.

Son enters the dining hall.

Son - Mom! Get me food ASAP. I've got a badminton match tomorrow at school. I got to sleep soon. District level auditions.

Mom - What?! Tomorrow is Sunday. But you've got your midterm test on Tuesday. You better study.

Everyone joins the conversation.

Dad - Oh! So sir is planning to flunk his physics test this time huh? How the hell will you get into IIT if you waste your time like this. You can play later. Maybe during college days. Go and study now.

Granddad - Rightly said, when I was your age we did not have proper guidance. You're lucky to have people like us guiding you. Get into a good college, you'll land in a great job.

Son - But dad! I've been practising for months now. Come on ! I'll clear the test somehow.

Dad - Gives a death stare.

End of the conversation.

Son scores 94 in physics. He doesn't make it to the district level. Great.

There goes our future gold medal.

Source: (https://www.quora.com/What-kind-of-conversations-only-happen-in-India/answer/Abhishek-Tr?srid=uROsO)
- Madhu

madhu

Apple IOS vs Android

My friend and I were discussing about a game launched called Mini Militia. All our mutual friends played this game, and it was sort of cool thing to be good at it.
As I had the app, and my friend hadn't, he requested me to send the game through a Wifi hotspot to his iPhone 4s.

He : Hey, please send that game fast.

Me : Dude, I only have the .apk file.

He : Send it to me anyway.

Me : But .apk is android package file, it doesn't workon iOS.

He : So, .apk works only on Android?

Me : Yeah.

He : So, just send me Android, simple!

**Facepalm #1**

Me : How the hell can you share operating system?

He : Dude, this is an iPhone. I paid Rs. 40k for this. Of course, it will support Android. Even your phone (Samsung Galaxy J5) supports it.

**Double Facepalm(s)**

Source: (https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-biggest-facepalm-moments-you-have-ever-experienced/answer/Devanand-Shenoy?srid=uROsO)
- Madhu

madhu

Raksha Bandhan

Don't shout Bhai." Kajal complained on call.

"Why not? It's 5pm and I haven't received your Rakhi yet." Raj explained.

"Relax!" Kajal tried to make chill Raj.

"What relax? I've already got Rakhi of Varsha. Only one Rakhi of Varsha is there on my hand till now. Raksha Bandhan is incomplete without your Rakhi idiot." Raj expressed his feelings.

"Alright! Let me ring to the courier company." Kajal tried to find a solution.

Meanwhile, the doorbell rang. Raj asked Kajal to hold the call. Raj opened the door and found a courier guy outside.

Noticing that, Raj shouted, "Finally, the courier guy is here."

"Okay! Let me take the courier. I'll call you later." Raj explained Kajal.

He dropped the call. Angrily, he started firing to courier guy, "Why are you so late? Don't you know it's Raksha Bandhan? Such a worst service."

The courier boy innocently acknowledged, "I'm sorry, sir."

Raj accepted the courier. Yes, it was from Kajal only. He was about to close the door after receiving the courier, but surprisingly, he noted something.

"Hey! Wait." Raj shouted, pointing to courier guy.

"Why there is no Rakhi on your hand?" Raj asked.

The courier guy looked at his empty hand and innocently answered, "I'm an orphan sir!"

For a moment, there was a pin drop silence.

The next moment, Raj invited him inside his house. He offered the courier guy a seat inside the hall area. He went inside his bedroom. He opened Kajal's courier and found a Rakhi.

For a moment he thought something, but the next moment he came of from the bedroom. He looked at the courier guy with a smile and tied Kajal's Rakhi to him.

The courier guy was surprised like never before. He became emotional. He joined his hand towards Raj and greeted, "Happy Raksha Bandhan!".

It was a gesture of respect from a pure heart.

Raj smiled at him. Later, the courier guy thanked Raj and wished a goodbye.

Later, Raj's mobile buzzed. It was Kajal on next side. Raj picked up the call and Kajal asked, "Have you got the Rakhi Bhai? Did you tie?"

Raj smiled and responded, "Yes beta! I received your love and tied."

Source: (https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-best-short-story-about-Raksha-Bandhan/answer/Dhawal-Barot?srid=uROsO)
- Madhu

madhu

Kharab Chai

Once, I took a train journey from Mumbai to Howrah on Gitanjali Express.

I was a kid back then but had a love for peculiar things and a tea-seller, I came across on the journey, seemed quite peculiar.

What can possibly be peculiar about a tea-seller?

Well, he wasn't chanting the usual "Garam Chai ! Boliye Garam Chai" (Boiling hot tea ! Please buy my tea) which you normally hear on trains, in the typical tea-seller voice.

Instead, he screamed these exact words:

"Kharab chai. Kharab chai. Kharab chai pijiye bhaiya"
(Worst tea. Worst tea. Please buy this worst tea).

Result?

Everyone in that coach bought, at least, one cup of tea from the guy just to understand how 'Bad tea' tastes. This convinced me, too (I don't like consuming tea much), to buy a cup from him and surprisingly, the tea was one of the best cups of tea, I have had.

The guy knew exactly what he had to say to capture the attention of his target customer.

One of the best examples of application of Reverse Psychology in real life, I ever came across.

Source : (https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-of-the-amazing-examples-that-you-have-ever-seen-or-read-about-Reverse-Psychology/answer/Rishi-Jalan-5?srid=uROsO)
- Madhu

madhu

Short but Powerful

I once was queuing to pay for my groceries and the place was packed. An older lady, around 60 but athletic and in good shape, arrived and started bumping into everyone, passing people who were there waiting. As we were all staring at her, a young guy shouted:

"Go ahead ma'am I have my whole life ahead of me!"

Source: (https://www.quora.com/Whats-the-most-truthful-statement-you-said-that-was-quite-inappropriate/answer/Sonja-Elwicz?srid=uROsO)
- Madhu

madhu

Better Taste

Having been married forever, I eventually learned that arguing was futile; if I lost the argument I lost, and if I won... I'd lose but probably in even worse ways.

I think we were picking out kitchen tile or furniture or something. We just couldn't agree, until I blurted out: "I prefer this one, and I have better taste than you!"

Clearly a dangerous thing to say to my wife. She looked at me quite incredulously and asked: "What!? Would you mind repeating yourself!!?"

I did the quickest thinking of my life — having recognized immediately the error of my ways:

"I have better taste than you", I stated with confidence. "And I can prove it!"

"Oh? How? This better be good."

My reply was golden: "Well, I married you, but you married me."

Game, set and match.

Source: (https://www.quora.com/What-was-your-most-satisfying-moment-of-winning-an-argument/answer/Christopher-Howerton-1?srid=uROsO)
- Madhu

madhu

Lateral Thinking

"May I dance with you, beautiful lady?" Like a gentleman, Vrajesh confidently requested with a smile.

"Sure!" Meera smiled and joined his hand positively.

Vrajesh, the guy in a black suit, gently held Meera's hand. Both walked towards the dance floor.

Soon, with a romantic track, their steps started moving.

"You're truly a gentleman, dear!" Meera complimented.

"I see. So, that's the reward for asking a beautiful lady to dance." Vrajesh acknowledged.

"Someone sounds impressive as well." Meera proceeded her positive words.

"But, your husband doesn't think the same," Vrajesh came closer to Meera and whispered, "He's giving me killer looks since I asked you."

"Ha ha ha! Oh, don't worry about him. He will get little bit jealous for a while." Meera explained while dancing to a slow, yet romantic music track.

"Aha! Must say, you know him very well." Vrajesh added.

"Well, For that, I don't even need to look at him." Meera added, "Right now, he might be having a fork in his hand. It must be facing downward in his left hand. Plus, he'll be acting like he is not watching at us. But, I'm damn sure he has taken multiple hidden glimpses."

Vrajesh scanned and found Meera's words accurate about her husband.

The music track ended. Vrajesh gently escorted Meera to her table. He kissed Meera's hand and complimented, "Thanks beautiful lady."

Meera smiled and moved her head vertically. Further, Vrajesh glanced at her husband and said, "You're so lucky to have an adorable wife, Mr...?"

"Raj. Mr Raj." Raj answered.

"Okay. Mr. Raj, glad to meet you. Enjoy the party." Vrajesh added his final words and walked away.

"What a sweet guy!" Meera complimented.

"What sweet? He looks kinda like a jerk who traps girls. Look at his face. And, for you, everyone is sweet except me, right?" Raj quickly interrupted.

"Trap girls? Raj, I'm 70. Who will be interested in trapping an old woman. He complimented about my beauty like you do. Gosh, I feel so young and beautiful today. Don't be so jealous after 45 years of marriage." Meera expressed her feelings.

"Beautiful? Yesterday, you were upset about being old with wrinkles and all that stuff. All of a sudden beautiful today, huh!" Raj argued.

"Yeah! That was yesterday, not today. I feel different. And sweetie, now can we order anything to eat? Please?" Meera demanded.

"Only if you won't dance with anyone without me! Deal?" Raj asked for a deal.

"Okay my old man. Deal." Meera confirmed and added, "By the way, I still love it when you feel jealous and insecure because of me. That's so sweet!"

"What? Sweet? Huh! I was not jealous. It was just...leave it. Let's order the food." Raj ended his words.

Then both of them ordered food and had a candlelight dinner.

Later that night, Vrajesh received an SMS which read - "Thanks Vrajesh. She feels more confident and beautiful now. Thanks for doing everything for me."

"I just followed your lead. Anything for you uncle Raj!" Vrajesh replied.

That's how an old man played the beautiful game of love.

Source: (https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-of-the-best-love-stories-that-include-lateral-thinking/answer/Dhawal-Barot?srid=uROsO)
- Madhu

madhu

Innocence and Forgiveness

My four year old cousin. He recently started going to kindergarten. Once he reaches home after his tiring day at school(he comes as if he has been working an entire day) first thing he does is to ask his mom about her day.

The conversation goes like this :

Him : How are you mommmmm....?? (musical kids tone)

Mom: I am fine. How are you dear..??

Him: Today teacher kept Badra on her lap and not me ( Sad Face).. !!

Mom: That's because she is smaller than you baby..

Him : Yeah... When did you have lunch today Mommm..?

Mom : I ate on time dear..

Him: Did you miss me today..?

Mom : Ofcourse I missed you so much dear..

Daily he will come home and asks his Mom how her day went. These kind of innocence is lost in me and among most of us. It is not difficult to ask our parents how their day went. He actually moved me.

His anger has a validity of 2 mins door closed inside his room, afterwards he will come back to us normally as if nothing happened. But me and most of us keep grudge on others and wait for the right time to react. It is forgiveness that makes us what we are.

Being Innocent and forgiveness is what I learned from him.

Source: (https://www.quora.com/What-can-adults-learn-from-children/answer/Kevin-Shimo?srid=uROsO)
- Madhu

madhu

As Cute as Ever

This question kept coming on my feed everyday, I guess finally I should share the story.

I was in 8th class and my sister was in 1st class when this happened. You can call it standards or grades.

I'm casually in the social studies class and suddenly I see the teacher turn towards the door and smile. I couldn't see the door because I was on the last bench of the 1st row. But eventually I heard 'Aww' from a lot of girls and finally heard a little voice saying "Ma'am, I need to speak to my brother Naimish".

My teacher asked me to come to her, and I did. I looked at my sister afraid that she did something wrong or may be she's sick. I kneeled down and asked her, what's the matter?

She said, "My shoe laces are open, can you tie them up?"

She said it silently so only I was able to hear it. Being the best brother I am, I immediately started tying her shoe laces oblivious to the fact that an entire class of 50 students was staring at me. The moment I started tying up her shoe laces I heard the entire class burst into laughter. My teacher joined as well. I did my duty and stood there looking at my shoes not daring to face the still laughing crowd. Alas! It wasn't the end.

Teacher (to my sister): We have aunties near your class who will help you tie the laces, you don't need to come here.

My sister goes: Yes Mam, but my brother told me to not let anyone touch my things unless it's family.

The class started laughing again. I kneeled down and told my sister to leave and told her to next time get her laces tied by the aunties.

Till today when I visit my teachers or my friends, we discuss this scenario and laugh our hearts out. It did make my sister very popular through her next 11 years in school.

Source : (https://www.quora.com/What-is-your-most-embarrassing-moment-in-front-of-the-whole-class/answer/Naimish-Sanghvi-1?srid=uROsO)
- Madhu

madhu

Stop Running & Start Living

Anon wakes up everyday at 6:53 AM. He puts on his pajamas, wears his trainers and runs like a madman behind a Ferrari that goes by his house.

Every single day he calls for this Ferrari to stop, to halt just for a second, but it never does. He screams and shouts, much to the amusement and sympathy of others.

A man notices this for a while and goes up to him, to ask the reason for his peculiar behavior.

Anon replies, "I really like that Ferrari and the woman inside it. I want to initiate a conversation with her."

The man asks, "How long have you been doing this?"

Anon replies, "For the past 10 years! I've tried everything. I don't know why it never stops for me! I really like the car and I just want to have a conversation!"

The man smiles and says, "You don't know if it's a fake Ferrari. You don't know the person inside the car. You're just in love, with the concept of a beautiful lady inside a Ferrari.

That car will never stop for you. It's you, who needs to stop running after it."

So, how do you get over someone you never had?

Stop running. Start living.

Source: (https://www.quora.com/How-do-you-get-over-someone-you-never-had/answer/Mallikarjun-Pandya-1?srid=uROsO)
- Madhu

madhu

Amma - The Epitome of Patience

It's 9 in the morning. My mom calls. I skip the call because I'm busy getting ready for work. She calls again. I disconnect her call with a grumpy face. I receive a text message from her. "Good morning. I hope you had your breakfast." I don't find time to reply.

At 1pm she calls again. I'm lunching with my colleagues and answer the call in a hurry.

"Had your lunch, pattani?" (That's how she fondly calls me)

"yes ma. I'll talk to you in the evening."

"Have you....." I disconnect the call.

Evening. She sends me a text message.

'Reached home? Don't forget to have some snacks.'

My reply is invariably monosyllabic. 'ok. Ttyl'

I'm busy at the kitchen helping my mother in law when she sends another text. 'have your dinner soon. Talk to me when you find time. Hugs!' I'm basically busy and cannot reply, can I?

At around 11pm I receive a call. It's my dad this time. I answer because he calls only if it's important.

"Yes pa?"

"Did you promise to call your mom?"

"yes pa. Why, what's the matter?"

"Well, in that case you better call her right away. She's been looking at her phone for the past 1 hour, expecting your call."

Tears well up my eyes. I call her immediately.

"Had your dinner? Why are you still awake? Go sleep now. You have to get ready for work early in the morning."

"I love you, ma. You are the best."

"thank you da kanna, I love you too. Now go to bed. Good night."

My call makes her day. I just realized. Just like me, she goes to work. Has a family to look after. Has loads of chores to do at home. Despite all that, she makes time for me. Or rather, she thinks about me the whole day. But I simply can't take her call because I fool myself of being busy.

I'm sorry ma, I know I have hurt you so many days. But forgive me ma, I'll need sometime before I master the art of being a good mom like you. Perhaps, my daughters will be nice to me, or at least show some love to me, unlike me.

Source : (https://www.quora.com/What-is-it-like-to-be-raised-by-an-Indian-mother/answer/SowmyaKarthik?srid=uROsO)
- Madhu

madhu

Backbone of Our Society

Ahmedabad, Gujarat

India

3:00 am

I, along with my friend had gone to this delightful cafe with great ambiance to satisfy our midnight hunger pangs. One topic led to another and before we could realize it, it was too late. We stepped out in the nocturnal's realm, not a soul in sight. My friend went to fetch our motorbike as I stood there waiting at their back gate with my heels dangling in my hand (the blisters were killing me).

Bajaj Avenger

Those of you who don't know, this beauty is featured with self-start. It fails to have a kick start option.

To make the night more eventful, the higher power decided to reward us with an exhausted battery.

This left us with only one option. My friend had to start the bike without self-start, by pushing the vehicle in the first gear with clutch pressed and release it to start the bike for the time being, before he could get the battery changed.

Now we both couldn't run in a synchronized manner, so he looks at me pleadingly and asks me to go stand by the road and wait and I am an obedient person ( dire situations ).

So, I stand there waiting hopefully, as I watch him running around with the bike, panting and sweating.

And suddenly there is this another motorcycle that creeps up from behind, with its headlights scanning the area. A man in khaki appeared.

Our first reaction was to run away. We were scared ( I owe that to media sensationalizing the defamation of our police officers and a thousand cases which pop up in the newspapers showing them in poor light. Moreover, being from North India I had heard way too many corruption and harassment stories ).

He slowed down his vehicle and stood in front of me with an inquiring look plastered on his face. I frantically searched for my voice and having found it, mumbled that we were not able to start our motorbike.

He asked his customary questions of WHATs, WHYs and HOWs. I answered them politely.

He listened to me patiently, got off from his bike and walked towards my friend.

Then what he did was totally unexpected !

He took our bike's handle from my friend and began with the exercise to start it.

In no time, the headlights flashed on and the engine started running. I and my friend rushed to take it from him and sit on the bike to leave before it could turn off again.

We thanked the police officer profusely as we zipped off into the silent night to our way home.

This incident changed my outlook towards our police force.

They are the backbone of our society and I am thrilled to inform you that they are doing an incredible job at it.

Source : (https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-best-experience-you-have-had-with-a-police-officer/answer/Nidhi-Nasiar?srid=uROsO)
- Madhu

madhu

Stop child labour. Save child's future.

It was a bright sunny day. Children were playing in the park. Today Arihant had no time to stop by the fence and watch them play. His little bare feet just couldn't stop. Sweat made his shirt go wet. His joy meets no bound.

Mumma ! Mumma !! Mumma !!!, 12 year old Arihant shouted on the top of his voice.

What happened Arihant, his mother asked wiping sweat from her forehead.

He quickly put forward his little hand and showed a wet, crumbled 50 Rs note and gave his widest possible smile.

Mumma ! Sahib gave me today, for washing tea cups after serving tea. He says, I have a bright future, Arihant giggled while catching his breath.

Mother got fixed by his voice. It struck her like thunder. That innocent little kid, that crumbled 50Rs note, sweat falling from his face, his burning feet made her cry.

She wept like a baby, cuddled him and cried, " Yes ! You have a bright future my son. Brighter than that."

Next day, she went with him and innocent Arihant quit his job.

Now, Arihant goes to school and his mother doubled her shift.

Source: (https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-of-the-most-amazing-job-quiting-stories/answer/Vaibhav-Chawla-8?srid=uROsO)
- Madhu

madhu

Got a dose of your own medicine

This happened during my college days. My friend and I went for some shopping in Palika Bazar in Central Delhi. For the uninitiated, Palika is a crowded underground market in Central Delhi frequented by visitors for buying stuff at cheap rates.

As we were making our way through the crowd, my friend suddenly screamed a little. I thought somebody had stepped on her foot. When I asked her what happened, she looked at me and started crying. Somebody had squeezed her butt. I somehow tried to pacify her as she was crying uncontrollably. She said:

"Kisi ne kyun kiya aisa mere saath. Maine to koi aisi kapde bhi nahi pehne. Hamari society hamesha ladkiyon ko hi galat bolti hai."

Translation: Why did someone do that to me? I haven't even worn any inappropriate clothes. Our society is such that it always blames the girl in such cases.

I felt so helpless as the guy had vanished in the crowd and we couldn't do anything. I somehow consoled her and we decided to leave the place. As we proceeded towards the exit, I saw a guy lecherously looking at both of us. My friend was still in tears. I didn't know what to do. A moment later, the same guy tried to grab me from my waist from behind. I was in a state of complete shock. Before I could react, my friend punched the guy in his nose. At this point, I had almost lost my senses. I had just witnessed a shy, coy, homely girl hitting a guy so hard that he would start bleeding any moment.

While he was writhing in pain, she said at the top of her voice:

"Ab maza aaya? Pata chal kaisa lagta hai?"

Translation: Now you see how it feels! Got a dose of your own medicine, huh!

The guy was visibly infuriated by now but fortunately, some bystanders had gathered around us who took good care of him. They beat the shit out of him before handing him over to the police. Now that's a lesson well learnt.

Source: (https://www.quora.com/What-unforgettable-shameful-thing-has-happened-to-you-in-public/answer/Richa-Sharma-172?srid=uROsO)
- Madhu

madhu

A middle class story of sweet revenge

10 years ago, there lived a boy who belonged to a poor family. His father was a driver who worked for the local travels agency.

This boy had completed his diploma but soon he had figured out that it wasn't his cup of tea. He was fascinated by cars right from the beginning. He used to sneak into his fathers company vehicle every night and took it for a ride in the deserted streets. He loved it.

He left his job as an apprentice and decided to become a car driver. He was trying his best to land in a drivers job.

One day he saw his father at the receiving end of an argument. A serious heated argument. An argument which left a deep impact on his mind.

A man who got down from a BMW car was shouting at his dad for a minor mistake his dad had committed. He couldn't tolerate. He went for his fathers rescue and inturn his father lost his job there. This was it.

This little kid decided that, if there is one thing he wanted to do in life, that would be owning a high end BMW car.

He slogged his ass off, worked day and night, went for trips covering almost all the states in south India. He fell sick because of all that no-rest driving life. He was a driver driven by a burning desire. In the first year he bought himself an Omni.

Started working for multiple travel companies. In exactly 5 years, he sold his Omni and bought Vista. He wasn't gonna stop.

Unfortunately he met with an accident and his Vista was no more. He was devastated. He almost quit his profession. Just when he was about to leave this, he came across the same person who had scolded his dad 5 years ago, in the same company. This time he was empty handed, but that man had the BMW parked outside.

He was back on track. He started his career again as an acting driver, took a loan, bought a Xylo and his day-night hustle started. He did not stop. 3 years later, he bought a tempo traveller and he was a proud owner of 2 vehicles running for two different travel agencies.

He did not stop. He wasn't gonna let his 8 year old incident slip into his comfort filled life now. He worked.

Fast forward two years.

Last week he bought a brand new BMW 360i. He made his father drive the vehicle to the company which had fired him 10 years ago.

Sweet revenge.

I love the story. Some desire there.

How do I know all this ?

That man is my uncle. He's awesome. He's a real man. He's got balls to take on life headfirst.

Now that's what I call a success story.

Source: (https://www.quora.com/What-are-some-stories-about-people-chasing-their-dreams/answer/Abhishek-Tr?srid=uROsO)
- Madhu

madhu

The Joker knows best

A man was invited to a wedding. When he reached the hotel, he found two doors written on them:

1. Bride's relatives
2. Groom's relatives

He entered the groom's door and found two doors again.
1. Ladies
2. Men

He entered the men's door and found two doors again.
1. People with gifts
2. People without gifts

He entered the second door (people without gifts) and
He found himself outside the hotel.

Source: (https://www.quora.com/What-joke-will-make-one-burst-into-laughter-for-at-least-30-seconds/answer/Phillip-Michael-Mpalabule?srid=uROsO)
- Madhu

anubhav jain

madhu

Disturbing Truth About Life

Ever observed someone who was always a topper, failing at exams. After failing, not many ask him for his notes.

Ever observed an entrepreneur who was once a giant getting into ashes. Not many get close to him in his worse.

Ever observed a writer who once immensely contributed and then stopped writing. Not many remember him.

Ever observed a lover who was once in his best giving his 100% and then goes into a bad phase. Not many stay back with that person.

You know all of these people who are standing around you in your prime love your work and not you. Only few whom you can count on fingertips love you for who you are.

Isn't it disturbing?

Choose wisely, If you cannot handle me in my worst, you do not deserve me in my best...

Source; (https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-most-disturbing-truth-about-life/answer/Vichitra-Zawar?srid=uROsO)
- Madhu