News:

GinGly.com - Used by 85,000 Members - SMS Backed up 7,35,000 - Contacts Stored  28,850 !!

Main Menu

125 lakh engg aspirants in race for govt quota seats

Started by rajoe, Jun 26, 2009, 10:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rajoe

125 lakh engg aspirants in race for govt quota seats

More than 1.25 lakh boys and girls are in the final race for admission to government quota seats in engineering colleges through the
single window counselling to be conducted by the Anna University (Chennai) next month.

Releasing the Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA 2009) rank list, which was topped by students in second tier towns and rural areas, higher education minister K Ponmudy on Thursday said " a total of 1,25,227 students are eligible for counselling this year as 7,037 candidates were rejected of the 1,32,264 applications that were received. Of these, 76,179 are from boys and 49,048 from girls. As many as 14,539 candidates are appearing from FC, 60,755 from BC, 5,586 from BC-Muslim, 27,704 from MBC, 14,730 from SC, 1,544 from SC-Arundathiyar and 369 from ST categories.

C P Aravinth from Palani has topped the rank list for counselling and is also first among students from the BC community. "I am very excited. I expected to get full marks in my cut-off when I wrote the exam. I would like to pursue Electronics and Communication engineering because it will give us more options with regard to job opportunities. Also, I want to become an IAS officer in the future and my relatives have said this course can be of some help for that," the top ranker said. Karthika Sankar from Mayiladuthurai has secured the second rank while Balaji Pratheep S from Kancheepuram district is placed third on the rank list.

As many as 43 students have scored the full 200 cut-off marks for the counselling while 30 candidates have been ranked based on the random number - the final tie-breaker if students have scored the same marks in Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Computer Science or Biology and have the same date of birth.

While the duration of single window counselling has been reduced by 12 days when compared to last year, the number of daily sessions will increase from six to eight this year. With the first phase of counselling scheduled to begin on July 5 for special reservation under the sports quota, each session is slated to go on from 7.30 am to 6 pm every day. Counselling for physically challenged candidates from the vocational stream will go on from July 6 to 8 while those in the Academic stream with marks from 161 to 76.25 will attend counselling on July 9.

Candidates from the Academic General stream who have scored between 200 and 199 will attend counselling on July 10. As many as 3,200 candidates will attend counselling on this day while 2,000 candidates will attend the sessions on subsequent days. Those with a cut-off from 198.75 to 197 will attend counselling on July 11 and those who have scored between 196.75 and 195 will attend counselling on July 12. These sessions will go in decreasing progression of cut-off marks till July 29.

Meanwhile, Ponmudy said that from the next academic year the single window counselling for engineering admissions will be conducted by the directorate of technical education with assistance from the Anna University. This change has been necessitated since the Anna University in Chennai, which has been successfully conducting the counselling for the past 11 years, is being converted into a unitary university now.

source:TOI

dhoni

now a days in engg seat in govt quota is reducing
with lakh of student not getting job

Gurbani Kaur

GyanDhan can help students in securing ehttps://www.gyandhan.com/callback_requests?country=Indiaducation loan for higher study in India and can also provide useful information through their admission counsellors.