General FAQ to get VISA

Started by UdayKrishna, Jan 05, 2008, 09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UdayKrishna

When are the UK Application Centers open?

The Application Centres are open from Monday to Friday, except on Public holidays and holidays specified by the British High Commission.The Application Centres in New Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai are open from 8.00 am to 1.00pm and 2.00pm to 4.00pm to submit applications. The Application Centre in Kolkata is open from 8.00am to 5.00pm to submit applications.

The Application Centres in Jalandhar, Chandigarh, Hyderabad, Cochin and Bangalore are open from 8.00am to 12.00 and 1.00pm to 3.00pm. The Application Centres in Pune and Ahmedabad are open from 8.00am to 2.00pm to submit applications. .

How much does it cost to apply for a UK visa, and are there any other charges applicable?

The visa fee depends on the category of visa applied for. The fee for processing your visa fee is Rs 455 (inclusive of all taxes). We also Courier passports to your address after assessment. If you would like your passport couriered, the charge for this is Rs 170 (inclusive of all taxes). The courier service is optional and not compulsory.

What should I do after submitting the visa application?

You can check the status of the application the next day after submitting your application

How do I check the status of the application?

Helpline:

You can call the helpline after 5.00 pm the next day to check the status of your application.

In person:

If you have submitted your application in New Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai or Kolkata you can check your status after 6.00 pm the next day.

If you have submitted your application in Jalandhar, Chandigarh, Pune, Amedabad, Cochin, Bangalore or Hyderabad you check your status after 5.00 pm, 2 days after submitting your application.

SMS:

You can check the status by sending a text message to VISA UK PASSPORT NUMBER to 7333.

What could the status be?

Once a Visa Officer has assessed your application, s/he will make the decision to either issue or refuse your visa; or invite you for an interview. This process is the same, whether you are applying for a settlement visa, or a non-settlement visa. If you are invited for interview, your name will appear on the interview list.

What will happen if my name appears on the list?

You should come to the VFS Office where you submitted your visa application, to collect an interview letter.

Where will my interview be held?

At the British High Commission in Delhi or at the British Deputy High Commission in Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata. The letter will inform you the date & time.

What do I need to carry for the interview?

The interview letter & any original documents which you did not submit at the time of submission.

Do I need a medical examination?

This will depend on the requirement of specific visa and that of British High Commission / British Deputy High Commission.

What will happen after the interview?

You will be told whether your visa will be issued, or whether the application has been refused.

If the visa is issued:-

Courier Case: If you have paid Rs 625/- your passport will be delivered to your residence through Blue  DART Courier. You need to hand over the stamped photocopy to the courier person to get the delivery.

Non-Courier Case: If you have paid Rs 455/- you will be able to collect your passport from the VFS office.

If the visa is refused:-

Your passport & other documents will be handed over to you at the British High Commission / British Deputy High Commission after the interview or at the VFS centre where you applied, on the next working day.