Aug 20, 2018, 11:49 PM

News:

Choose a design and let our professionals help you build a successful website   - ITAcumens

Call centres deaf to customer complaints

Started by hariharan, Jun 19, 2008, 03:38 AM

previous topic - next topic
Go Down

hariharan

Though several public and private sector companies have set up call centres to address customers’ grievances about their services, there is growing discontent among the public regarding the unprofessional manner in which these centres function.
    Some of the problems consumers face when they dial customer care centres include, not providing docket numbers, delay in attending the call, delayed redressal of complaints, inability of the executive to understand the consumer’s language and giving irresponsible answers.
    The major cause for discontent, however, is the Integrated Voice Response (IVR) system that places customers on hold for a long time and call charges hit the ceiling. Non-availability of toll free numbers for calls made from mobile phones and landlines is another serious problem faced by most customers.
    “I once called up a cable TV service operator as I had a problem with the Net connection. After calling them I realised that the number was not toll free and that the call centre was in Hyderabad. When the phone bill came I was shocked to see the amount for that single call,” said Sreelaja (name changed) from Koyambedu.
    The IVR is a long process. In fact, it is a long time before one is able to seek assistance or lodge a complaint in most customer care centres, including the one run by the railways. “The number 131 is most often engaged. When we get through we have to press button after button according to the guiding voice. Suddenly, the line gets disconnected. If a responsible executive is able to guides us, our bill charges won’t go up and we can get our details faster,” said Rustom from Periamet.
    The other issue that has been irritating customers is the inability of some call centre executives to handle customers.
    “Some of the executives at the customer care centres of broadband service providers use so many technical terms that we feel as if we are in a physics class. They should be taught how to handle customers,” said Mahiadithan from Santhome.
    If there are some who do not know how to talk in a layman’s terms, there are others who do so irresponsibly. Ramani from Pattabiram had such an experience when she called up Airtel’s call centre on 121. “My friend was being billed for services she had discontinued. Though the company deducted the amount from the next month’s bill, it was irritating when it became a regular issue. When I called the call centre and threatened to disconnect the service if the excess billing was not stopped, they happily gave the address I should approach for doing so. This is not the way a company should function,” she said.
    Another problem area is of many customers not being issued docket numbers after lodging complaints. “The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India has made it mandatory for the issue of docket number to consumers who book complaints. But this does not happen in most centres,” said Manikandan from Royapettah.
    Regarding toll free numbers, a BSNL Chennai official said that the companies could make their number toll free for the benefit of their consumers by paying the prescribed amount to BSNL.
    An official from the Tata group said that their customer care centre was a centralised one and had local offices in several other states to attend to problems. The Airtel officials were unavailable when contacted.

NOT AT YOUR SERVICE

There are around 200 call centres for private and public sector companies and government institutions
Major cause for discontent among consumers is the Integrated Voice Response(IVR) system
Most of the toll free numbers are not free when called from mobile phones and some even from landlines
Often, docket numbers are not given by the call centre executive
Thanks and Regards,
Hariharan
www.itacumens.com

<a href="http://itacumens.com/images/homepage/ad.swf" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://itacumens.com/images/homepage/ad.swf</a>

Sudhakar

Poor Indian,  but now a days no qualification is important.

An engineer is taking calls in Call Center. Shame on him. His/Her parents spend their blood to make those idiots complete their engineering and Our dear Engineers were cooly working in  a call center where they could clean up their stomach.

Say what a call center people will do.

There will be one Team Leader , where he/she will be always engaged with other team manager's by saying there are planning for improvements.

Quality Leads will just sit and have coffee , speak to some one personally and rate some marks.

Most important , if customer willing to lodge a negative feedback. Simply the team manager will call and hell at the team.

This is not a correct pattern i hope.

I have an worst personal experience in a Chennai Based call center where they will call them as Tech Support.

Really its a worst company named _ _ _ or S Support .

The idiotic ceo will be there in US with clients. he will not look in to the current position and he will look only to the development and getting more clients.

Recently we all came out , because we had a team leader . A women who cares only about no of calls taken and not even cares about the call rating or feedback.

When call extends 18 mins , she will come and ask us to transfer the call to senior, but we would have completed that call in another 1 minute.

I know Some of the Trusted Students, who sit and talk to the customer.

Most important thing in call center is irresponsible in India.

[blink]Last week we have gone for a Dell Purchase.[/blink]

Where i have asked the call center executive in hyderabad to see when i will get my computers.

Simply she looked at the order status and bet me that i will get the product deliverd only on 23rd of this month.

But i have said that your representative had promised me that he will send the goods by 14th of this month.

She never heared what i have said, she again bet saying, no sir the product has to come from malaysia and bla bla bla.

I said, i was really depressed becuase of her responce by looking at the computer @ www.dell.co.in/orderstatus. on 13th June 08

Due you know something, we have cancelled all the plans for upgradation and pooja etc...

Suddenly i got a call from local transport incharges @ 7 am on 14th june 08.

He said , sir when can i deliver the product and will your office will be opened on saturday sir.

I replied yes we work 365 days and max 18 hours a day.

I got a next call from him at 3.45 Saying , sir am near your office.

When i went out, i say a goods vehicle with Our Dell Simple tower computers in it.

We got deliverd on 14th as promised by dell representation where i have booked . i have to appreciate him  :agree

on 16th @ 12 pm i have received a call from the same call center girl, sir have you got your computer.

I said no i have to wait till 23rd.

She replied in my sys it showed as Delivered on 14th.

I said no and not yet.

She put me on hold . verified and said , sir pls check once.

I answered as yes i got it.

I said her only one important thing, pls talk to the Customer as a Customer support engg and not as a idioting non understandable support engg who works for salary.

Go Up

Quick Reply

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Note: this post will not display until it's been approved by a moderator.
Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image

Type the letters shown in the picture:

shortcuts: alt+s submit/post or alt+p preview
IT Acumens | GinGly :: SMS Backup | Acumen :: Discussion Board | AshokPillar :: Hosting | CineBuzz :: Latest Cinema News | My Kids Diary :: Capture your kids magical moment
Copyright 2005 - 2017 :: IT Acumens :: All Rights Reserved.
ITAcumens Forum with 2 lakhs post running for 10 years - Powered by HostGator Dedicated Server