2007 Gujarat University M.A Sociology Sociological Theories Question paper
Time : 3 Hours] [Max. Marks : 100
Instructions : (1) Attempt all questions.
(2) All questions carry equal marks.
(3) Write the serial numbers of your answer to all questions as per their
serial number in the question paper.
1. What is sociological theory ? Discuss the structure of sociological theory. (25)
Present main assumption of functionalism and explain AGIL model of Parsons.
2. Discuss the contribution of Merton in functionalism. (25)
Present main assumption of social conflict theory and examine views of Lewis Coser
on social conflict.
3. Examine Homan’s propositions for explaining social behaviour from the social
exchange perspective. (25)
Discuss Mead’s contribution in the symbolic interactionism.
4. Present difference between modernism and post modernism. Explain the views of
Michel Foucault about post modernism. (25)
Write notes (any two) :
(1) Functions of theory.
(3) Pattern variables.
(4) Views of Daherndorf.