B.B.A Business Administration (Nov-2012), Madras University, B.B.A, Third Year, Semester-V, Material Management, MAM5W Question paper
Course: B.B.A B.B.A Business Administration University/board: Madras University
University Name: Madras University
Name of the Degree: Bachelor of Business Administration
Title of the Paper: Material Management
Month & Year of Examination: November - 2012
Subject Code: MAM5W
Time: Three hoursPART A
Maximum: 75 marks
(10 * 2 = 20 marks)Answer any TEN questions.
All questions carry equal marks.1. Define Distribution.
2. What is production control?
3. Define opportunity cost.
4. What is ordering cost?
5. Define stores layout.
6. What is value analysis?
7. What is hand-to-mouth purchase?
8. Define export houses.
9. What is special store?
10. Define Packing.
11. What is location coding?
12. What is vendor rating?
(5 * 5 = 25 marks)Answer any FIVE questions.
All questions carry equal marks.13. Explain the integrated approach to materials management.
14. Describe the objectives of materials management.
15. Explain the precautions in using EOQ model.
16. Explain the importance of materials requirement planning.
17. Explain the objectives of scientific purchasing.
18. Explain the importance of contract purchasing.
19. Describe the factor to be considered for a good store-room layout.
(3 * 10 = 30 marks)Answer any THREE questions.
All questions carry equal marks.20. Explain the sources of information on potential vendors.
21. Discuss the inventory control techniques.
22. Explain the objections to EOQ models.
23. Discuss the functions of purchasing department.
24. Discuss the different types of values.