News:

MyKidsDiary.in :: Capture your kids magical moment and create your Online Private Diary for your kids

Main Menu

New Honda City i-VTEC launched! Price: Rs 7.7 - 8.9

Started by NAREN, Sep 29, 2008, 03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAREN

New Honda City i-VTEC launched! Price: Rs 7.7 - 8.9

Honda has launched their third generation Honda City in India. The new model is a massive improvement over the earlier version of the City, though slightly pricier.

The new Honda City comes with a 1500 cc i-VTEC engine, with both automatic and manual transmissions and comes at a price of rs Rs 7.7 lakh and Rs 8.9 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). Honda hopes that the new City would help the company arrest the ongoing sales decline in the Indian car market and improve sales. Diwali and the festive season is approaching, and this is the right time to launch cars in India as purchases go up - and Honda wants to cash in on whatever is possible at this time.

The earlier Hodna City was not to everyone's liking - some called it space-age, but any thought it was just odd. With the new Honda City, you would not have any such complaints. This truly is a space-age dsign from the front, and evokes images of the Honda FCX Clarity fuel cell car as well as the new Accord or Acura, while from the side, it is quite like a Honda Civic.

The headlights are sharp and angular, there is a lot of steel on the grill, rear combination lights look sharp and snazzy. Flanks are neat and clean. Honda calls the design of the new City an 'arrow shot form'.

The new Honda City is longer, wider and sturdier, says Honda. It is 4420 mm long - 5 mm longer than the old City, it is wider  by 5 mm (1695 mm) and 15mm shorter while still giving you the same ground clearance and headspace. Wheelbase is now longer by 100 mm.

Interiors are much improved and smarter with a steering wheel that is borrowed from the Civic (but with added steeign wheel controls - aargh! - I don't have that even in my Civic!), 5 Speed Automatic Transmission with a Paddle Shift option like in the Civic (as I said earlier, a first in its class), dual tone interiors, integrated audio system, great looking meters and dials. The interior design matches or even beats the Honda Civic.

New Honda City - i-VTEC engine

The 1500 cc i-VTEC engine in the new Honda City produces 118 PS - I think that is somewhat close to 115 or so bhp. Everyone, stand up and bow to the new mid-size emperor.
nice games here

Bharathas

I would like to get the honda tec bar in future i an an engineer hmmmmm

MarshallAndrew

I am sorry I didn't see anything about fuel consumption.. can anyone tell me how the fuel works on the Honda City 1.5

saudamini sawant

it's my dream car,this is one of the car which i love very much.
I wdnt to take my dream car comming soon,now i am the fresh graduate,but after getting job i will definately take this car.
for this car i am giving special thanx to Honda sir.

Premkumar123

Hey..Saudamini, I also like this car very much. I am planning to buy this car by the end of this month. All the best to you for your job search and for your dream car.

Quote from: saudamini sawant on Nov 24, 2011, 04:34 PM
I wdnt to take my dream car comming soon,now i am the fresh graduate,but after getting job i will definately take this car.

Sudhakar

Hey Premkumar & saudamini,

Nice that Honda City is your dream car and even premkumar is planning to purchase it by this month end. I bet one thing, people like me ( software, self employed, btech degree holder, married at 25, and many things i could add ) . Honda City is the ultimate car which has more space, luxury, worlds best engine and decent mileage. But the worst part i should say is people who live in my apartment say this apartment is ment for parking small cars and big cars like honda city is not allowed. They say even Indians are ment only for Small and medium cars, either i should change this house or change your car and get a small car.  :(

I admire Honda City, Civic and finally Accent which is my target. I took a Honda City Exi 2005 version from my Good customer for a pretty decent amount. 6 months back. People who saw and rided my Black Honda City, they say the owner who used this car as a car. Means used perfectly. Even after 5 year, i could use this car like a new one. Sometime i kick my accleration to check whether engine is on after shopping or waiting outside for mins. We all were comfortable with Honda City. Me, my wife, my new two.five months old Twin babies.  ;)

Hope this car will be with me for next 10+ years if am not so rich to buy a new vehicle.

Quote from: Premkumar123 on Feb 05, 2012, 04:55 PM
Hey..Saudamini, I also like this car very much. I am planning to buy this car by the end of this month. All the best to you for your job search and for your dream car.

Quote from: saudamini sawant on Nov 24, 2011, 04:34 PM

jaffar khan

Sudhakar

Quote from: jaffar khan on May 26, 2012, 04:22 PM
Quote from: Bharathas on Apr 12, 2011, 07:21 AM
I would like to get the honda tec bar in future i an an engineer hmmmmm

Dear Jaffar Khan,

Am ready to lend my honda city . Would you consider to buy it.
  8)

sunil yadav

cnwmenos8

Hi to every one
Glad to be on ns3.itacumens.com

Lucky gupta

Hi,I am lucky gupta.I like the car that have been